All-Star How Did It All Start?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I started with gymnastics and dance. After three years of dance and five years of gymnastics I got really bored. My sister had went to rec cheer classes at a local gymnastics gym, and they had a competitive cheer team! So I just tried out and here I am!

well i did gymnastics and my coach coached gymnastics and cheerleading. She and my mom decited to take me out of gymnastics and put me on there cheer team and i instantly fell in love with the sport

i became a fan after i watched GA's 2006 worlds routine and the addiction NEVER went away :)

in my town a lady was working at a gymnastics place called North Stars, and they were making a all star cheer team for minis and they asked me and my bestfriend to be on it so we did it, i did it for 3 years then i quit cause my bestfriend moved to tennessee so i decided to do gymnastics and dance now i started again at 8th grade and im a junior and still doing it :)

Funny story actually... maybe fate?

Well my mom signed me up for a "gymnastics" class called "cheernastics", unaware of the "cheer" aspect and thinking it was just gymnastics. When I went to the class and very soon after got my backhandspring and multiples so the coach introduced me to his allstar team in which he was newly creating. I joined, of course, not knowing ANYTHING about cheer.... and fell in love <3

We lived happily ever after. :kiss:

moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere lol my mom figured i needed a girly outlet saw there was a gym down the street and signed me up without acknowledgement and now 7 years later here i am

I was in dance when i was really little, but wanted to do acrobatics, and my mom put me in gymnastics instead because she figured i'd like it more. I spent seven years as a gymnast and ended up dealing with a lot of joint problems from being 10-11 years old and practicing around 20 hours a week. The dr told my mom that i'd break my growth plates if i kept it up, so she yanked me out for a "break"--i grew six inches in six months and just couldn't get back into gymnastics at the same level that I left at. And another friend in a similar situation started cheering and convinced me to do the same. I've tried quitting about 4 times for the sake of my body (and wallet) but I just can't seem to let it go.

I had been doing youth league since second grade. We went to an exhibition where the local cheer gym was performing, I told my mom I wanted to try the half-season and I loved it. The next year I tried out for full season and I lOVED it

ok so like a lot of the people on here i started in gymnastics and i was in it about 9 years. i didnt quite cuz i got bored i just wasnt good anymore and then i moved to SD and started cheering on my high school team mainly cuz i just wanted to stay in shape and make friends haha. and the coach also coached at cheerforce and said i should join. after like months of her and this other girl saying i should join i finally joined. their level 5 team needed another person and my tumbling was good so they put me on that team. i was so amazed cuz i didnt that kind of cheer exsisted lol. when i started i had no idea wht i was doing or if i was even gunna stay with it. going on my third year and i love it :). but i will say gymnastics will always and forever be my first love haha but cheer comes in as a very close second.

Not gonna even lie! BRING IT ON really caught my intrest, I was like 9 when it came out, and I remember watching it and was like I have to do it! my dad even remembers me saying "thats what I want to do when I get older".. lol imediatley I got into tumbling at a lcal gymnastics gym, but once I got into middle school the following year ( I went to a peforming arts school) I started to focus more on choir, dance, show choir, musical plays, and so on.. I just stop and lost intrest..then I remember watching on espn a local all star gym was on TV and I was like OMG and it resparked my intrested, but I never asked my parents to sign me up for it, ( I never knew all stars even existed at from that point) then nce I got into high school, Cheerleader Nation premierd (my freshmen year), made me more intrested! My high school is 2 campuses, freshmen go to one, then 10th-12th go to the more newer campus, but my friend best friend was a cheerleader (didnt really tell her I really loved it, then 2 boys came up 2 her (this was after school) and I was like who are they, and she was like those boys are on the Varsity cheer team!) that SOLD me! I told her I was going to try out i never knew our high school team was coed, then it brought back how BRING IT ON was with stunts and I was like yes I have to do it!, but little did I know they were graduating that year, but I made it my sophmore year JV and Varsity Comp, only boy for my 3 years, then after I graduated did all-stars for 2 years, I graduated when I was 17 and my bday is in Dec, so I only had 2 years, regreted not finishing gymnastics when I was like 10, but my 2 years on all stars double teamd on coed 3 n 5, then last season quad teamed on 4.2, coed 4, coed 4, int.6 but (int. 6 never got to competed :(..

but that was my story/what got me started! LOL
sorry for a long paragraph :)

I'd gone to dancing all my life and when I was 12 I decided I didn't like my dance school and I quit. The following year one of my friends told me about this local cheerleading class that she'd gone to once and I got really excited and decided to go with her the following week. The class was brand new and it was just pom dance but I loved it. The next year we did our first competition in pom dance and then we started learning cheer. I've just kept going. That little local cheerleading class is now a huge allstar cheerleading program and I've loved watching it grow and improve. Now I'm in my senior year cheering at college and have no idea where I'm going to next. For the past three years I've competed at level 3 and I fly, I don't think I could move back to allstar - I'd probably be basing which I'm terrible at and I have no tumbling skills past level 2 or something so I'm totally useless to most allstar teams now. I hate admitting that this is the end of the road for me but I definitely think it is.

ok my story is kinda cheesy:)))

When I was 3 yo my dad used to travel to the usa all the time for his job and one time he brought me a minnie mouse in a cheeruniform. my 8 yo brother used to watch american teen-tv show on tv in which apeared cheerleaders and i instantly linked those two and got a cheer-obsession. it didnt excist in my country so instead my mom send me to dance and gymnastics. still it kept having my interest.
when i was around 15 yo, internet came up and i was still interested in cheerleading and started looking up video's and learned myself how to do the jumps and basic stunts, motions,... in meantime i was still searching for teams.
but all i found were very bad pomdance teams. so i went from team to team, never satisfied, i kinda started to give up, untill i met on holiday a scotisch girl who told me there were competive teams out there who did the real cheerleading, also in europe. so i started looking around, finding none of those in my own country. so i again joined several bad pomdance teams. i went every now and than to germany to watch competitions and thats how i got to know allstar cheerleading. in the same period i was asked to coach the team for a local american footballteam but i found members only in a different city, than i started thinking about making my team allstar too instead of cheering for that football team and doing only what they wanted me to do, so i went to camps, coaches conferences, ordered dvd's and books, visited some teams in the usa,...did all i could to learn it. founded my own team 3 years ago, first allstar team in my country. only 4 members showed up the first practise. now it's our 3rd year and im still learning every day and our team keeps growing, we're now 25 members:)

ok my story is kinda cheesy:)))

When I was 3 yo my dad used to travel to the usa all the time for his job and one time he brought me a minnie mouse in a cheeruniform. my 8 yo brother used to watch american teen-tv show on tv in which apeared cheerleaders and i instantly linked those two and got a cheer-obsession. it didnt excist in my country so instead my mom send me to dance and gymnastics. still it kept having my interest.
when i was around 15 yo, internet came up and i was still interested in cheerleading and started looking up video's and learned myself how to do the jumps and basic stunts, motions,... in meantime i was still searching for teams.
but all i found were very bad pomdance teams. so i went from team to team, never satisfied, i kinda started to give up, untill i met on holiday a scotisch girl who told me there were competive teams out there who did the real cheerleading, also in europe. so i started looking around, finding none of those in my own country. so i again joined several bad pomdance teams. i went every now and than to germany to watch competitions and thats how i got to know allstar cheerleading. in the same period i was asked to coach the team for a local american footballteam but i found members only in a different city, than i started thinking about making my team allstar too instead of cheering for that football team and doing only what they wanted me to do, so i went to camps, coaches conferences, ordered dvd's and books, visited some teams in the usa,...did all i could to learn it. founded my own team 3 years ago, first allstar team in my country. only 4 members showed up the first practise. now it's our 3rd year and im still learning every day and our team keeps growing, we're now 25 members:)
what country are you from?

I started gymnastics when I was 8 because my mom did it when she was a kid and she thought that I would enjoy it, but I didn't. I hated gymnastics. I was terrible at it and found it boring. The only thing I liked doing during gymnastics practice was watching the all-star team that practiced on the other side of our gym. I made up little cheer routines like theirs all the time at home and begged my mom to let me join them. My mom said that all star cheerleading was too expensive though. I ended up getting really bored with gymnastics and quitting when I was 11. Right after I quit gymnastics, my bestfriend joined the all-star team at the place where I did gymnastics. She told me how fun cheerleading was and how much she loved it. After she finished the 08-09 season, she really wanted me to join the team with her. I somehow convinced my mom to let me try out, and I made the junior 2 team for the 09-10 season. I loved it from the very first practice...and my mom got over the costs. lol

Back