All-Star how did you get into all star cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I danced,and always did rec. I kinda stood out because I was the only 7 year old doing whip passes on the tennis courts and layouts and stuff. So my mom decided to let me try the cheering place at my dance studio called Cheer Xplosion. I was also taking classes at Basics Superstars, and the coach saw me tumble and he wanted me to go for his all star team. I cheered there for 5 or 6 years until they went down, now I cheer for PA Storm :]

I had been in gymnastics since I was itty-bitty. Like, from the Toddlers class, hah. But anyways, I had complained a lot about my coaches and the sport in general, and when I was 7 or 8, my mom realized it WASN'T the coaches- it was me. The sport was NOT the sport for me. So I switched to All-Star cheerleading. I only tumbled at PC for the 1st year. The next I was on a team. The year after that, I quit midseason. (Don't ask why-- personal reason) My brother had done cheer the first year aswell, but after the first season he switched to CA, and so my 3rd year of cheer was at CA. I'm still here and lovin' every minute of it!
<33

I used to cheer for several teams that were part of a basket or football team. the last team I was on, had kind of fallen apart due to several that got married of went to college. so the manager of the footballteam asked me to start up a new team, but all people I found were from a different region.
than came the idea to form a recreational team in that region that would be available to do ocasionally preformances at the football teams games, but that way i no longer had to follow all the orders by the footballteam. they used to provide the uniforms (always either too dull or too sexy) and told which music to use. so with my own team Id have more freedom. I wanted the team to be good and needed some inspiration so I started to visit competitions and coaches conferences and got myself educated in coaching.
while doing all that I became more and more interested in competing, a few years later after a whole lot of work, I finally started up the team as an allstar team. it's still small, but the plan to expand are big. untill now we only have seniors working on increasing their level. probably next year a junior team will be added and/or a team with a lower level for all the new kids joining because currently its hard for them to keep up the those we were in the team from the start.

i did gymnastics from when i was 6-10 then middle school cheer for the next 3 years & at a middle school exhibition they had all star teams perform & i told my mom i wanted to do "that kind of cheerleading" :)

i did gymnastics for 7 years, and my last year or so kept fighting injuries and joint problems ( i was 11, training level 7 and in the gym 16-20 hours a week ) and the doctors kept telling me the only way i'd get better was if i took a break. so i tried taking a summer off, grew 8 inches and when i tried to go back, struggled more than ever. Another girl i did gymnastics with went through a similar situation and started cheering, and told me to try it because i missed gymnastics so much. i was super hesitant at first, because the gymnasts always made fun of the cheerleaders, but after the first season, there was no turning back. i fell in love with it, and now that i'm struggling with more injuries than ever imaginable i'm facing the same fate of hanging it up :(

i was cheering for a rec team that only did comps and i loved not having to cheer for games. I had a friend who knew of this gym that was opening up in town and i decided to go there and try it out and loved it

I danced for years and years, and got convinced to try JV cheerleading at my highschool in 7th grade... Needless to say, I fell in love. Senior year of high school we had a local All Star gym choreograph our routine, they recruited me, & the rest is history <3

I use to randomly watch cheer comps on ESPN and always wanted to learn how to tumble and then one day I just singed up for tumbling classes and the gym owners asked to do their team.

My oldest daughter cheered for elementary school and high school. When she came home crushed that she hadn't made varsity in her sophomore year, I asked her if she wanted to train in "one of those cheering gyms." She said yes. She loved it, but she had to work very hard at it. Her little sister watched her and wanted to join, too. Her little sister followed suit and was a natural. The older sister is now a retired cheerleader (lol) and her little sister is on WCSS. Gosh...seems like yesterday, and now I don't (and can't imagine) life without allstar cheerleading. It's my daughter's LAST YEAR! What the heck am I gonna do next year?!?!?! Anybody have a little cheerleader I can borrow next year? I am going to miss it something FIERCE! :(

Ever since "Bring It On" I was obsessed with Cheerleading (Can't believe its already over a decade old!!) but because we didn't have it in New Zealand I just had to watch the movie over and over until my mum threw it out 'by mistake'... but my love continued until i got to go to the US as a foreign exchange student, and in tiny little Mountain Lake, MN I Cheered for my high school football team the Wolverines! when I got back I moved to Australia and found a company first run by a university 'Q Cheer' (now know as Queensland Cheer Elite) and have been with them for four years!! Last year was our first major win as Australian Grand Champions at AASCF Nationals in Lv 3 Coed Diamonds!!

Back