All-Star how did you get into all star cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My mom signed me up for a "cheer dance" class at a local cheer gym when i was 8 or 9, one day i saw the all star teams practicing and i begged her to let me do it! i cheered at a couple different local gyms until I feel in love with the one i'm at now. Now i'm a senior in high school and have been cheering at my gym for 5 years

My sister did cheerleading when I was younger (she's 10 years older than me). I tried out for my school team, but didn't make it. So I went to my local allstar gym to a tumbling class to get some experience. I decided to do allstars instead because I loved being at that gym and not at the school. :) 2 years after that first tumbling class (where I couldn't do a cartwheel) I had a full and was on a level 5 team!

i started cheering for pop warner when i was 6 and all stars really wasn't known around here. that was like 1999, i kept cheering for that and eventually in 6th grade did a local all star team that was horrible. the next year i cheered there and i really wasn't sure i wanted to cheer anymore. i felt that it was just "lame". that year i coached pop warner and didn't cheer. i played soccer and ended shattering my ankle from a slide tackle. that november; i decided what i wanted to do was cheer. cheerleading made me happy and i was scared to even touch a soccer ball. i went to my current gym because our varsity coach owned it and i fell completely in love. i've beeen there ever since and have cheered all different levels. i coach now tooo and i still cheer for my high school. i love every minute of it and had it not been for my ankle injury, i don't know if i woulda ever cheered after 7th grade. sooo sad to think about :( but i guess i'm glad it happened!! <3

i did pop warner for eight years and my cousin was doing it for another town, that also had a rec team in the winter. Me and my friend decided to do the rec team and when we went to nationals Celebrity was there and I could not stop watching them! The next year i started tumbling at an all star gym and joined the team for half year then I started tumbling at my gym now and joined full year. Not that exciting of a story lol except im excited to be starting at a new gym again this year!

I danced from the time when i was 3 until i was like 12 ish and my friend had just started cheering at a small gym nearby and she told me to try it, i cheered with her for a year and lovedd it, then she left there and went to FCA, i stayed one more year than her then followed her to FCA as well and have been there since. BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE :)

Going into high school, I already had 4 years of cheering experience and since my high school isn't big on the cheer, many girls didn't have experience at all and we only had 10 on the team. I felt like I wasn't getting any better and it was kind of embarrassing so I was getting frustrated. One day I was on youtube looking at cheer stuff and I came across videos of Shooting Stars and Top Gun at worlds 2008 and then I knew I had to do all stars.

i started off with rec cheer, and one year they put my on a wayyy lower team than i should've been on because of my age, i saw my gym in the newspaper a few days later, and decidded to check itt out, this is my 4th year and i love itt <333

I did tumbling at a local ymca, and they started an allstar cheer team and thats how i got into it! i had always loved cheerleading and i thought high school and middle school cheerleading was amazing. allstars definitely opened up a new world for me

Well I was a High School cheerleader and bumped into Tegan Reeves (who is one of the nicest people I have ever met) at a local competition. She told me I should come to some open gyms and check out this Allstar gym that she cheered at. I did - and I loved it. On my HS team I was the ONLY tumbler - so it was nice to be on a Level 5 team where everyone tumbled! I learned a lot!!!

I tried out and made a middle school team in 6th grade, then transferred middle schools and made my new schools team in 7th grade. I had read about allstars and heard about it. I googled allstar gyms in my area (yeah, I was like 12. haha) And found ACX. I called them and asked them about allstars without telling my mom. They started giving me the info and I panicked and hung up on them. Then I broke the news to my mom about what I wanted to do, and she called the gym and talked to them about it. We went back and forth about trying out for about a month when she didn't think we could afford it.

I finally convinced her and I went in for a private tryout on a Sunday afternoon. They put me on the junior 3 team, which happened to have practice in about 30 minutes. I hung around the gym and had the 1st practice with my new team, and there was no looking back from there. I had no friends who did allstars, and was the only person from my side of town period at the gym at that time. Eventually as the gym grew more of my school friends joined up and I got to know people from the gym better.

I cheered for my middle school for 3 years. And honestly I suckedd. It was poorly coached and really just for fun. But I fell in love.
After my second year I met a girl who did allstar cheer and all through the season she told me about it. Then I found allstar teams on youtube and got hooked. So I signed up for the next season.
Entering my third season and not even considering leaving. I've only got one season after this (well until college) and spend my summer basically at the gym. I don't know what I'm going to do without it!
Coaching here I come (;

God how I wish my mom put me in it as a child. I didn't even know it existed until I was a sophomore. And I didn't join it until I was a senior because my friend told me to go with her to tryout! I wasted 17 years not knowing about it, and now I'm obsessed with it!

all my rec cheer friends for the township tought me how to tumble (just basic beginner stuff...like handsprings and tucks. now i have double full and everything... but anyways...) yeah they first tought me how to tumble and said i should cheer. so then i started watching them and lovedd it. i thought it was so fierce! (= then i did highschool cheering. now i cheer for an allstar team!

Was a competitive gymnast all my life but I loved to tumble. I entered my 8th gtade talent show showcasing my tumbling talents and after I finished the cheer team coach asked me if I wanted to do an exhibition allstar team for daytona. And since then I was hooked : )

Back