All-Star how did you get into all star cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

well, my mom told me i was never allowed to be a gymnast because of her own experiences, so i just found the next closest thing. i actually wasn't supposed to do it, my sister started, and when i was younger, anything she did i HAD to do. my mom said no, but my sis convinced her to let me. turns out allstar cheerleading was my sport and she focused more on dance, i'm sure my sister totally appreciated deciding to convince my mom. i started when i was 11 and kept with it all the way through my senior year despite having multiple moments where i wanted to quit. instead, i just switched gyms, and it was the best decision i ever made. the only thing i regret is not switching sooner. oh, and letting my old gym put me on so many teams... i cheered allstars for 7 years, and in those 7 years i did a total of 19 teams. yes, that would be as many teams as I am old. am i regretting it now as my body is old a decrepid? sure am. butttt i love college cheer too much to let it bother me :)

My friend Lindsey from school did all star cheerleading and i kept seeing a whole bunch of shows about all star cheer on tv the year before I decided to join sooo it just made more excited to start!!

i did gymnastics for a really long time and then 3 years ago an allstar gym opened close by and i decided to try it and now i love it!

I took Hailey at age 6 to watch my neice at a local all star cheer competition (it was America's Best). She was in high school. I had no idea what it was, and just figured it was some sort of extension of HS cheer.

I sat down to watch and out on the mat I saw these little bitty girls in cheerleading uniforms with big bows and glittery eyes and I died. I was AMAZED that they could stunt, tumble, dance, etc. I had no idea little girls could do cheer!! I asked her if she wanted to try it and prayed she would say yes. She did and the rest is history.

Junior year of high school I missed the school bus that was supposed to take me home. I asked a friend who I knew lived nearby if he could drop me off at home to which he replied "Yes, but we have to go to the gym I train at first." That gym happened to be Top Gun, I watched his practice and was hooked. The rest is history...

lol

Summer of 7th grade going into 8th grade. I went to Bass Lake, CA with my family and my sister's boyfriend's family. We woke up one morning, and all hung out on the deck, eating breakfast and drinking coffee. My sister and her boyfriend had both been cheering for Cheergyms.com for a few years, I think my sister was at 4 at the time. Her boyfriends parents asked me why I had never gotten into competitive cheerleading. I told them that I had never really thought about it because I was doing BMX racing and dirt biking so much that it never really crossed my mind. They told me I should go to a practice after we got back from vacation. So I did. And I haven't missed a single practice since. This is my 5th year.[=

i did pop warner and then a coach at the gym i tumbled at asked me if i wanted to be on their allstar team i did it and fell in love! i had to do another popwarner season and then my coach moved to allstars and took us all with her and thats what i have been doing, now i cannot imagine my life without cheerleading!!

I had been coaching pop warner, and a friends son told me he was coaching tumbling at an allstar gym. I actually contacted the gym to rent mat time for my team to practice on an actual floor before Nationals. The owners had watched me coached and offered me a job! (I had also signed up my daughter for their mid season team) and I'm so glad!!

my mom took me to this warehouse when i was like 6 and said do your bhs for this nice man and make sure you smile big. then all of a sudden i was on a pee wee team. my mom introduced me to this world but i guess my dedication to continue it was my decision.

I started off in Pop Warner. We ended up getting a new coach for our first year of Junior Midgets and she was awesome; she definitely made it my favorite and best year of PW. After the season ended, she decided to start up her own All Star program. When I got wind of it, I pretty much had to join; strictly competitive cheerleading under the direction of the same awesome coach I had for Pop Warner? I was in!
tongue.png

In 4th grade I moved from Texas to Florida. When I got to Florida I started looking for a new gymnastics gym; but I ended up at a cheerleading gym on accident. The gymnastics gym and the cheer gym had previously shared the same location. Long story short they convinced me to practice with the pee wee team for the day, 12 years later here I am.

I needed gym credit for HS and didn't want to take gym..so a few of the cheerleaders who did summer theater convinced me to do it so it would count. I hesitantly agreed..well I was hooked! It was like dance/gymnastics/something else all rolled into one! Plus the competitive aspect was what kept me in. I started googling stunts and routines for inspiration to help my team out. Sure enough, I stumbled upon Cheer Athletics Panthers 06 (from when they won worlds). I didn't have time for allstar as a senior (I was doing shows and volleyball, my main sport love) and freshman year of college the coach wouldn't let me tryout for my college team unless I moved to the other campus (which I couldn't because of my major). I was on here and started looking around for allstar teams near NYC. I contacted one program on Staten Island, but they weren't sure if they were having a team. I got in touch with two programs in Western CT, one being Take One. Loved it ever since..miss it terribly every day!

My friend's mom was opening up an allstar gym and I got pulled into it even though I knew NOTHING about it...

Long story short, my friend and her mom wound up leaving the gym, and I've been there for years. Now it's my last season and I don't know what I'm gonna do without it. <3

I did Figure Skating for a long time and loved it, actually i had never heard about Cheerleading until 2 Girls in my School started doing it. I thought it was stupid because they were allowed to practise their tumbling while we had our regular PE lessons and they wore their Uniforms for practise( We don't have Cheerleading at our Schools and some years ago barely anyone knew about cheerleading ). Well the time i quit Figure Skating i thought about another Sport to do and decided to try cheering, that was in 2003 and ever since i am addicted!! I love everything about this SPort :)

At the end of 6th grade my best friend was looking for a new gym and she invited me to go look at one with her. I loved it and she ended up quitting allstars that year, but I started and stayed at that gym for 2 years until it closed. I did school cheer in 9th and 10th grade (this year) but I'm starting allstars again this year.

Back