OT How Did You Start Cheering?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I was a gymnast but my coach was vicious and I went home crying every day so I quit. I wanted to be a break dancer lol I was obsessed with dancing but right next to my moms work was an allstar gym. I couldn't find a dance studio so my mom told me to try allstar and I've been doing it ever since!

I started when I went to university at 18 (I guess pretty old compard to the USA) that was 5 years ago now. I cheered for the uni team for a few months. Then I came home and saw an advert in the paper about a new cheerleading squad which had been set up in my town. 4 years later I'm still with that team in my home town. I've made many grate friends (both younger & older) - our youngest on Senior CoEd is 13 and the oldest is 41. I've learnt so many things (from stretches e.g.B&A/Scale to different stunts and was lucky enough to have flow the past 3 seasons) & IMO I am doing it like I was born to cheer lol - I guess it helped that I danced from the age of 8-16. So as long as my body allows me to I'll continue to cheer :)

Back