How Do I Get My Scorpion Higher Now That I Can Grab It With 2 Hands

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 6, 2012
I just learned a way to grab my scorpion with both hands instead of one, but now I don't know how to it higher.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

You probably need to stretch out your shoulders more. If it hurts to grab lower (I have this problem) its most likely not your back, but your shoulders. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but look it up on youtube. "Cheer Shoulder Stretches" or "gymnastics shoulder stretches" either one will get you what you need to pull that scorpion easier!

The first thing you want to try and do is once you've grabbed your foot, pull up. Literally think about pulling your foot upwards as high as you can. Once that's easy, try leaning forward a little bit while doing the same thing (it makes your scorp higher). Then try reaching further down on your leg and doing the same process. It takes time, but it's worth it!

I do think the best way to get a good scorpion is to practise pulling it over and over, but there are stretches you can do to help. Try sitting in splits and reaching back to grab your scorpion leg. Try door-frame stretches (see Gabi Butler's stretching video on YouTube). Try rocking back into rainbow bridges. And, most importantly, ALWAYS stretch both legs.

Back