How Do You Feel About The Cheerleader Costume For Halloween?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Great stuff, ya'll! Keep it coming. So what about the 'dead/zombie cheerleader'?

My cp was a zombie cheerleader last year. She cut up her high school varsity uniform to do it. I was so mad I almost made her fake "zombie wounds" into real ones.

As for the pinterest/twitter thing or whatever it was - that's ridiculous. As has been stated numerous times, there are costumes for every sport. People find the most absurd things to get offended over.

My oldest son was a zombie football player for halloween last year - he wore his football uniform and went all zombiefied. So I can't really say anything about the cheerleader costume if I was ok with my son having a football costume (which was really his uniform).

I went as a zombie cheerleader one year. I took my uniform from doing the NCA Christmas extravaganza, put my regular old white midriff under it and cut up/"bloodied" the midriff. I didn't damage the uniform bc it's special to me! The midriff on the other hand was old and I wasn't going to use it so it was fair game

So many cheer ideas: cheer bride, gothic cheerleader, favorite cheerleader, etc. My youngest CP who is 11 has been told she looks a little like Gabi Butler. So, she mentioned being Gabi Butler for Halloween, but in her mind that meant getting her long dark brown hair highlighted and purchasing an expensive Cali Smoed Uniform. Yeah, that is not going to happen! LOL

I told Jaylen she should be a regular cheerleader this year, she can wear any of her previous uniforms

She said that's not fun because she already is a cheerleader!:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to go get her a Top Gun cheer uniform! LOL :)
She gets on my nerves about that! I told her I was going to contact them and ask if they can just bill my card when athletes on oo5 get new uniforms and practicewear and just bill me and ship it when they get theirs so she can feel like an honorary member of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not gonna lie, I was a cheerleader for Halloween for probably 6 years straight.... but I always used an old uniform I owned. I loved it at the time, now I kind of look back at it and think why every year? Maybe one year but 6 really? I think I was just a little obsessed at the time.

I really don't think its anything to be offended about. Everyone knows that Halloween is extremely sexualized these days, and it's not like the cheerleading uniform is the only one being portrayed that way. If you can get a sexy lobster costume (seriously, google it), I'm really not worried about a sexy cheerleader costume!

Excellent! I am writing the article right now and quoting a few of you :) Got any good cheerleader costume pics (vampire, zombie, etc.) you'd like to see posted on http://About.com? You have 24 hours! PM me!

Back