How Do You Get Rid Of The "i'm New. Please Don't Hurt Me" Label?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 9, 2011
I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but I looked through the threads and did a search and couldn't find it anywhere!

How do you get rid of this? I see others have different things under their screen names like "I Shimmy All Day" etc. (example)... did they write this themselves or does the status get upgraded automatically? I've been on the boards for almost 6 months (although I read a lot more than I post) and my "Newbie" thing still hasn't gone. I don't feel like a "Newbie" anymore so would like something different! Is it a minimum amount of posts or something before it changes or a time thing? Could someone help me?

It took me a bit to figure out too, but it is based on how many 'trophy points' you are awarded. I think this is worked out on: how many posts you do and how many times you are 'shimmied' by other people. Everyone starts off at 'I'm new, don't hurt me'. Once you have enough trophy points from shimmys and messages you get an alert from FierceBoard. You can check the trophy points etc by clicking on your profile page, and it's on the left hand side. Hope that helps - and please anyone correct me if I am wrong :)

It took me a bit to figure out too, but it is based on how many 'trophy points' you are awarded. I think this is worked out on: how many posts you do and how many times you are 'shimmied' by other people. Everyone starts off at 'I'm new, don't hurt me'. Once you have enough trophy points from shimmys and messages you get an alert from FierceBoard. You can check the trophy points etc by clicking on your profile page, and it's on the left hand side. Hope that helps - and please anyone correct me if I am wrong :)

Thanks! Ok so I have 15 trophy points... You have 35 so maybe I am not too far off? Anyone know how many you need for it to change? Must be because I just don't post that often then.. :( (Really cause I enjoy reading everyone's comments/opinions much more than I think mine contribute a whole lot! Haha).

Thanks! Ok so I have 15 trophy points... You have 35 so maybe I am not too far off? Anyone know how many you need for it to change? Must be because I just don't post that often then.. :( (Really cause I enjoy reading everyone's comments/opinions much more than I think mine contribute a whole lot! Haha).

The biggest thing is posting more often. I'll bet you could bring some wonderful perspective; you just have to be willing to lay it on the line. Those of us that post a lot have just gotten over the fear of ridicule!

The biggest thing is posting more often. I'll bet you could bring some wonderful perspective; you just have to be willing to lay it on the line. Those of us that post a lot have just gotten over the fear of ridicule!

Aw, thanks! :)

Haha yes perhaps I must get a bit more gutsy. It's probably because I was blasted for one of my opinions early on, becuase I didn't say "IMO" (I thought that was a given), so I've been fairly cautious ever since. Also because I am a program director/coach from Australia, my perspective/experiences/comments are often not completely relevant to the US-side of things (eg. rule changes, age divisons, competition policies, all-star vs. HS etc. etc. are v. dif over here) - I will give it a go regardless though (gotta get rid of this damn tag.. ;))

Aw, thanks! :)

Haha yes perhaps I must get a bit more gutsy. It's probably because I was blasted for one of my opinions early on, becuase I didn't say "IMO" (I thought that was a given), so I've been fairly cautious ever since. Also because I am a program director/coach from Australia, my perspective/experiences/comments are often not completely relevant to the US-side of things (eg. rule changes, age divisons, competition policies, all-star vs. HS etc. etc. are v. dif over here) - I will give it a go regardless though (gotta get rid of this damn tag.. ;))

Well, if you post an opinion, you're likely to get blasted yet again. Comes with the territory and you'll find that most of the people that blast you are pretty irrelevent. The ones to pay attention to are the ones that disagree but actually post an opposing opinion.

I have always (always!) wanted to visit Australia. Definitely something I want to do while I'm still barely young enough to enjoy it!

You should definitely come to Australia ACEDAD! We're a friendly bunch :) We had had some US cheer talent come over this year and last year and it has been SO inspiring to see and learn from the best :D

Well, if you post an opinion, you're likely to get blasted yet again. Comes with the territory and you'll find that most of the people that blast you are pretty irrelevent. The ones to pay attention to are the ones that disagree but actually post an opposing opinion.

I have always (always!) wanted to visit Australia. Definitely something I want to do while I'm still barely young enough to enjoy it!

Yes, you should definitely come to Aus! It's awesome :) We always love having American friends come and visit haha - right auscheerflyer? :) So many beautiful places to see - I just walked over the Harbour Bridge this morning on my way to work and was thinking exactly that!

I'll actually be heading over to the States for a month in late June which I'm super excited about - haven't been since 2006!

ACEDAD When we get more established, I would LOVE for you to come out and help us set up special needs cheer over here. Might be a few years away, but it's definitely something our gym is committed to doing in the future.

Weird... checked on the trophy information bit that at 15 Trophy Points you earn the "I Shimmy Daily" one... And I have been at 15 points for a while but still at the Newb one. Gah.. I give up! Makes no sense to me haha.

It's a mysterious combo of shimmys and posts...king holds the key and none of us knows exactly how to unlock that door. Just keep on posting and eventually you get so into posting that you (kinda) forget about those trophies and shimmies. Good luck!

I shimmy'ed all your posts I could find. I think you have to have 100 and it will say "I shimmy daily" I believe. So your getting close- good luck!

Back