All-Star How Do You Think These Jumps Sequences Would Score? Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
I'm not that great at score sheets and what not, so I thought I'd come to the boards and ask all you cheer gurus! I had a little debate with some cheer friends last night and needless to say, we did not agree with each other. So here are two jump sequence senarios and I wanna know your opinions on if one would score higher or is it just excessive and just makes no sense!

Sequence One: Toe Touch - Right Hurdle - Toe Touch - Back Tuck - Immediate Toe Touch - 2 Back Hand Springs To Fulls & Doubles.

Sequence Two: Pike - Left Hurdle - Toe Touch - Right Hurdle - Back Tuck (Standard 4 Jumps To Tuck)

I feel like they would score the same. The first sequence seems excessive and would kill your athletes early on for no reason, especially if you already have a separate standing tumbling sequence with two back handsprings to fulls and doubles. Their debate was "more skills equals more points!" They just couldn't see a judge not giving them a higher score if the team did Sequence One in addition to already having a separate standing tumbling section on top of that killer jump sequence.

So would packing all that together on top of having a separate standing section score higher, or would the 4 jumps to tuck and then the normal standing section score better? Opinions?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Reviving this thread so I don't start a new one but for my Youth level 2 team I am curious what range this jump sequence would fall under -

Toe touch, hurdler, land, prep, pike - 3 jumps but the 3rd is not in direct connection with the first two, there is a one count pause while they prep for the swing.
Move to new formation for double toe touch.

They do a total of 5 jumps but it is only two double cominations with a 5th jump.

Reviving this thread so I don't start a new one but for my Youth level 2 team I am curious what range this jump sequence would fall under -

Toe touch, hurdler, land, prep, pike - 3 jumps but the 3rd is not in direct connection with the first two, there is a one count pause while they prep for the swing.

They do a total of 5 jumps but it is only two double cominations with a 5th jump.

Low range on a varsity score sheet. Probably the higher end of the low range.

basing this off the Varsity score sheet, i would say the low range
"LOW: Most athletes participate in a double jump combination, must include a variety
MEDIUM: Most athletes participate in a triple jump combination, must include a variety
HIGH: Most of the athletes participate in a quad jump combination or a triple jump combination and an additional jump, must include a variety"

Back