High School How Does Your Jv Work?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I coach JV Cheerleading
  • My girls have the same bows as Varsity.
  • My girls bought their own warmups (They are Nike and I love them)
  • They all have the same practice clothes
  • We got cute off the shoulder sweatshirts and on the front is the same but it says Junior Varsity or Varsity on the back
  • We share poms
  • Varsity bought their own uniforms this year and we got their old ones, Their like 3 years old and still look great.
I train my JV to be on Varsity. 11 of my 12 girls have never cheered for a school so I make them work and learn. Because you never know if someone will need to move up.

at my school we have freshman, jv, and varsity and when varsity gets new uniforms every 2 years they get passed down to jv, then jvs go down to freshmen..etc.We don't buy our own uniforms the school athletic department does. We buy our own shoes, bows, turtle necks, spanks, and warm ups. but i think that is ridiculous if you guys don't have any uniforms and they won't buy any! When we do fundraisers we normally do like candy bar selling or garage sales, or car washes. Good luck!! :)

At my school we have game uniforms and competition uniforms. The game uniforms get passed down, and we haven't had new ones of those in a while (my coach actually cheered in what JV is now wearing, and she graduated in 05). For competition uniforms, both JV and Varsity got new ones 2 years ago, and they look great!

I hate that its treated like dirt too...And these are pretty old. Yes varsity has only had theirs now 4 seasons, but they had our uniforms now for quite a while. And now they say they deserve new ones :mad:

who is saying we deserve new ones? Maddie is the only person who talks crap about jv..

The way JV is ran in m school is pretty bad. They get all of the old ugly unis and warmups. At practice, they're literally in the corner with 2 mats. They don't get proper instruction so watching them stunt is scary. They're a bunch of juniors on the team b/c they never learned anything and the varsity coach said they're taking away JV next year b/c she refuses to have seniors on JV and she's just going to cut them... Idk how the varsity team is going to build up after I graduate (2014)

JV is a step down from Varsity but not by much at my school.
  • We have the same team shirts
  • We have the same skirts
  • Varsity has white bows, JV has blue
  • Everyone buys there own shoes as long as their white
  • We have the same warm-up jackets
  • JV does not cheer on Saturdays, while Varsity does
  • Varsity gets assigned a football player to bake for
My coaches do not buy new materials if they can't afford it for everyone

At my new school, JV is freshmen and sophomores. Varsity it juniors and senior. We don't compete so it makes sense.
At my old school, if you have the skills as an underclassmen you make varsity and if your a junior/senior (everyone has a back handspring this year)

Back