All-Star How Far Away Is Your Gym???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am a coach and I drive about 30 minutes to my gym each day. We have several athletes who drive over two hours! :)

Depending on the wind, the traffic lights and how late I'm running between 3 and 7 minutes by bike.

Back it is about 10-15 minutes because that hill is steep :D.

All star coaching drive - 15 if I got NO stop lights. 20 if I did. I think the furthest a kid comes is 45 min.

School cheer (which is also my full-time place of work) - 10 min even in traffic.

I don't know how you guys do it. My kiddo's tee ball games are at times 40 min from my house (they practice close but their away games can be far) and just THAT makes me want to pull my hair out.

I currently go to a gym that is 30-45 minutes away, but I really want to go to a 'big name gym' that is about an hour away in rush hour traffic.

Cheer Express and Tumble Tech are literally on the same road, about a minute from each other, not sure how they are 8 minutes from each other according to google maps :rolleyes:

I suppose it is the route google maps is taking.
Cheer Express and Tumble Tech are literally on the same road, about a minute from each other, not sure how they are 8 minutes from each other according to google maps :rolleyes:

TT should have been 46 minutes and CE 44 minutes. Just a typo, not really a big deal. Never been to either gym personally but have friends whose kids do go to both. Although it could take me 8 minutes if there is a Starbucks in between the two. LOL.

My commute is 30 mins in non summer months. We won't talk about what I go through with Shore traffic in summer, especially on Friday's.

The gym I coach at is about 35 minutes away.
I can think of about 5 gyms off the top of my head that are closer to me than the one I currently coach at.

I coach about 15 minutes from home and I pass 3 gyms (all within 2 blocks of each other) to get to mine. There's 7 gyms within about 20 minutes of my house.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I have 2 gyms within 20-30ish minutes of me and I even took tumbling classes at one for awhile, but after bad experiences left and right we didn't even bother with the other close gym and after the switch we decided the hour drive to my current gym was 100% worth it. 1 hour is the normal time it takes but depending on the day it can take anywhere from 4o minutes to an hour and 45 minutes. If I was willing to take the 1 hour drive to any gym id probably have about 5 more options.

Lucky to be 10 minutes away from CA! I drive 26 miles to work but that's only 3 shifts a week. We're at the gym 3-5 times a week so the proximity can't be beat :cheerathletics:

I suppose it is the route google maps is taking.

TT should have been 46 minutes and CE 44 minutes. Just a typo, not really a big deal. Never been to either gym personally but have friends whose kids do go to both. Although it could take me 8 minutes if there is a Starbucks in between the two. LOL.
Haha, no worries I just thought it was funny :D
And I wish there was a Starbucks in between.. Although I do pass 3 on my way to tumble tech :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back