All-Star How Far Away Is Your Gym???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There's only two gyms in my area without having to get on the highway. I used to cheer at he first and now cheer at the second, and don't mind driving a little more at all.
Cheer Extreme Salem- 6.3 miles, 18 minutes with no traffic and/or lights. Can take up to 25-30 minutes with traffic. They've also recently gotten their own gym since I left and it is farther from me.
Carolina Spirit Athletics- 8.3 miles, 25 minutes, again with no traffic/lights. There's a blinking yellow light around the corner that backs up traffic for 10-20 minutes at a time on weekdays. It stinks!
So I guess if I wasn't blessed with a great gym right here I'd have to travel for a ways away...but the only gym I would consider going to besides my current gym is right on the nc/sc border.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I have pumped gas maybe 5 times in my entire life...none of them were pretty!

:eek: You must live in a state like Oregon where you have to have the attendant pump the gas?
Or are you just a gas diva? LOL

:eek: You must live in a state like Oregon where you have to have the attendant pump the gas?
Haha, I like that, gas diva! Sadly, no. NJ and Oregon are the 2 states with laws against pumping your own gas.

Haha, I like that, gas diva! Sadly, no. NJ and Oregon are the 2 states with laws against pumping your own gas.

I live near the PA/NJ border and it's about a 5 minute drive to NJ from where I am. I am guilty of crossing the bridge just so I don't have to pump my own gas. Gas diva indeed.

I live near the PA/NJ border and it's about a 5 minute drive to NJ from where I am. I am guilty of crossing the bridge just so I don't have to pump my own gas. Gas diva indeed.
Is it cheaper here? I know we have one of the lowest gas taxes in the country, but I'd think that close to the border, the prices may be similar. I'd be doing the same thing in bad weather!

Yeah I was going with Diva also, lol
:p

I'd feel awkward having someone pump my gas for me. But it'd be nice when it's freezing or bad weather outside.

We drive about 75 minutes to up to 120 minutes (2hrs) depending on the time of day, plus we go right through a very busy city's rush hour. The closest gym to me is about 10 min, then the next one is 30 min away, then theres one right by my gym that i pass by.
Living far away from your gym has huge disadvantages. My gym has open gym on some fridays, and sometimes people ask me to go with them and I can't because of how far away I live.

Back