All-Star How Far Away Is Your Gym???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A family I used to coach moved to TX. I recently caught up with mom by phone. They have 6 gyms near their home less than an hour away. They drive 2 hours each way to tumble at the gym they're considering now.

We go to STARS Athletics in Tampa, Florida. We do have a lot of gym options. Every gym has pro’s and con’s, you just have to pick the one you feel is right for you. It’s pretty typical in Tampa for girls to change gyms between seasons. Stars wasn't our first gym. :) DD was in at Lightning City Gymnastics where Florida Wildcats use to practice. We made the switch from gymnastics to cheer. Then three seasons later changed gyms.

Here are some of my local area gyms and how far Google maps say they are from my house… just to give you an idea. These are not even all the gyms in the area, but the more known programs.

STARS Athletics 25.7 miles, 33 minutes

Florida Wildcats 16.9 miles, 21 minutes

Brandon All Stars 22.6 miles, 30 minutes

Cheer Express 30.4 miles 44 minutes

Tumble Tech 31.2 miles, 36 minutes

Rock Solid 46 miles, 53 minutes

Top Dog 44.8 miles, 42 minutes

Envision All Stars 29.6 miles, 40 minutes

Storm All Stars 23.5 miles, 30 minutes
Wow alot of big name gyms to chose from

There's a gym 4 minutes from my house but I drive 30 minutes if I drive myself but 45 if I drive with my carpool to get to my current gym

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Like a few others we have 2 gyms fairly close (15 minutes) but drive about 2 1/2 hrs each way. CP has also become quite acquainted to the train and has a few families that provide housing for long weekends.

Pretending to be a parent since 1993

20 min. We're at the only cheer gym in our city. There are many other gyms further away (45 min - 2hrs+ away) but we're fortunate that we're so close to a gym that CP loves.

I don't currently cheer, but if I wanted to cheer at ANY gym I would have to drive at least an hour and a half from my house. Which is sucky because it's just not practical for me to do that- :shimmy: for everyone that does!!

My CPs gym is about 10 minutes away. I probably would not travel much more than that unless we were looking for a highly competitive gym.

Our gym is 17 miles away, and can take anywhere from 20-35 minutes depending on time, day, traffic. We carpool with a few families, so I usually only drive once a week.
There is a gym 5 miles from our house.

Back