How Hard Is It To Tumble Back And Forth? (aka Kiara Nowlin)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 8, 2012
I'm just curious, is it really that hard to full, punch, front flip? Is she the first one to do it in competitive cheer? (I have seen it before by guys on other teams, maybe 1 or 2 over the years, but its rare and they don't get as much attention as Kiara obviously)

I am in no way trying to insult her! I think it's the coolest thing ever, and I understand that tumbling at her caliber is very difficult... but I was just wondering why we don't see all the other teams doing such tricks by now?

Is it because no gym really teaches that as a skill for cheerleading? I personally see a version of her one of her passes as a goal for my tumbling career to be honest... I wanna know if its just really hard and that's why nobody else does it - or - if it's not the hardest thing in the world, why aren't more and more people doing it?

Kiara is known because she could do all of those skills at a very young age with excellent technique. I think most teams don't do the back and forth passes simply because if you can max out without, why waste the energy.

This brings up a question of mine, how do those back and forth passes score? Would they be counted as one pass, or two? My understanding is that they're simply for visual effect.

This brings up a question of mine, how do those back and forth passes score? Would they be counted as one pass, or two? My understanding is that they're simply for visual effect.

Good question, i'm curious too about how much higher it would score than doing it in two passes.

I'm not a tumbler at all, doing cartwheels is my world.
But i guess the difficult part is to land your full really controlled so you can start your tumbling pass back powerfull and controlled. But like i said before - i'm not a tumbler, so i'd love to hear how Tumblers see the whole thing.

Back