How Long Does It Take To Get A Needle?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 23, 2012
I currently have a scorpion but it's like a nasty dorito chip looking scorpion. I want a straight scorpion, they look a lot prettier. If I stretch for half an hour everyday for around a month will I be able to get a needle?

Stretching daily is a great start! How long it will take will partially depend on your body and natural flexibility. We had one girl start daily stretching and she got hers in 4 weeks, but I have seen some girls that have been working on their needle for a couple of months and still don't have it. So, it is tough to answer that question.

I currently have a scorpion but it's like a nasty dorito chip looking scorpion. I want a straight scorpion, they look a lot prettier. If I stretch for half an hour everyday for around a month will I be able to get a needle?
Go on youtube ad look for gabi butler's stretching video. You should be good to go.

I have a pretty good scorpion and I've been trying to get my needle for the past month, I guess you just have to stretch your back, legs, and shoulders a lot.

It took me three years to get it on my left leg, but I didnt stretch everyday. Now I'm trying to get one on my right leg, and it's been months but I'm doing better than I was doing for my left leg

Stretching daily is a great start! How long it will take will partially depend on your body and natural flexibility. We had one girl start daily stretching and she got hers in 4 weeks, but I have seen some girls that have been working on their needle for a couple of months and still don't have it. So, it is tough to answer that question.
Exactly like she said! Some people are just naturally flexible and it doesn't hurt them at all! Then you have the people like me who stretched 30 minutes a night for 4 months to get it. And the pain never lessened up. I know the trend of needles makes everyone want one- but girls PLEASE listen when I say it WILL screw your back up if you're not naturally flexible on your back. I will forever have terrible back pain from overstretching my back. Just be careful and don't push yourself too much.

Exactly like she said! Some people are just naturally flexible and it doesn't hurt them at all! Then you have the people like me who stretched 30 minutes a night for 4 months to get it. And the pain never lessened up. I know the trend of needles makes everyone want one- but girls PLEASE listen when I say it WILL screw your back up if you're not naturally flexible on your back. I will forever have terrible back pain from overstretching my back. Just be careful and don't push yourself too much.
THIS. My back MRI's from before I had my needle were perfectly fine with the exception of my very mild skuliosis... A month before I had my needle my discs looked weird but it didn't concern them too much. Almost a year after I've had my needle and I have a herniated disc. Obviously its not from just stretching but I know that played a huge part. Needles are pretty but scorpions with a slight bend look so much prettier in the air. I promise. And if you aren't a flyer I know its cool to say you have a needle but its not worth the pain. I stretched both sides of my body but since my right was more naturally flexible than my left I stretched my eight more and now I have a needle on the leg we don't even fly on just because I thought it would be cool. Back pain is not fun expecially when it requires surgery in the future. Take care of it. It's the only back you have.

THIS. My back MRI's from before I had my needle were perfectly fine with the exception of my very mild skuliosis... A month before I had my needle my discs looked weird but it didn't concern them too much. Almost a year after I've had my needle and I have a herniated disc. Obviously its not from just stretching but I know that played a huge part. Needles are pretty but scorpions with a slight bend look so much prettier in the air. I promise. And if you aren't a flyer I know its cool to say you have a needle but its not worth the pain. I stretched both sides of my body but since my right was more naturally flexible than my left I stretched my eight more and now I have a needle on the leg we don't even fly on just because I thought it would be cool. Back pain is not fun expecially when it requires surgery in the future. Take care of it. It's the only back you have.
Yes Yes Yes!! Nobody realizes that it WILL affect your future. My back pain makes me contemplate cheering in college, which has always been a dream. Girls need to be warned before they start killing themselves stretching. Not everyone can have Gabi's needle without pain. Its unnatural, and its sad that it has become the standard in my opinion. I don't look down at any flyer for having a regular scorpian.

Back