All-Star How Many Athletes Do You Need To Cheet On A "small" Squad?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw a team of 7 this weekend in small coed at one up. They placed decently and got a bid to worlds. It was kinda cool to watch a team with one stunt group

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I saw that too! It was very different, but impressive with their lack of numbers. Hard to nugget with only 7 of you.

I don't know the US rules, but we had one girl out for regionals in level 1, so i only had 11 and couldn't max out in pyramids because you have to do an braced (on two sides) extension to max out. Shouldersits can't reach with both hands, so we didn't do the extension in pyramid - did not max out.
I highly doubt you can get into high difficulty pyramid score with 5 kids, no matter how fierce they are.

My youth 1 went undefeated all last season with 9 kids on the team and maxed out. They did a single braced extension braced by a shoulder sit (you only need one brace now). I have a facebook video of them if you or anyone else wants to see it that I can maybe post if someone tells me how.

My youth 1 went undefeated all last season with 9 kids on the team and maxed out. They did a single braced extension braced by a shoulder sit (you only need one brace now). I have a facebook video of them if you or anyone else wants to see it that I can maybe post if someone tells me how.

That's great (congrats to undefeated). We need two bracers and they have have contact with hands (no feet/ankles) allowed.
Shouldersits need a backspot in Level 1, so even if you have tall shouldersits and a small stunt group - still needs 10 kids ^^
You can put the link of the video in here if it's not on private.

I wonder if the coach said "you weren't allowed to compete on Jr. 1" or said "you wouldn't be competitive on Jr. 1". Depending on the situation the coach may not have had a crossover to fill in and was perhaps trying to prevent a situation where the girls would have to mark their stunts and pyramid. It takes time to rework a routine with one less person, especially if the injured girl was a flyer, the ratios wouldn't work to hit the maximum on a scorecard with 11 if only 2 stunts go up.

I wish that is how it went down. Unfortunately it was a mess of lies and covering her butt!

We knew the girl was injured and the routine was reworked. Then on the Monday night before we were competing she told us that we couldn't compete with only 11 girls, and that she was really working hard to get the head of the competition to let us come and do exhibition at the Junior Prep level. She said she was on the phone "begging" them to let us do an exhibition and that she would talk to them again in the morning and let us know. Then in the morning she told us she had to fight and fight for it, but they were going to let us come and be Junior Prep exhibition. Many of the parents said we should just not go at all but she really pushed to have us go. It is so weird!!

This team was a mess from the start. Our uniforms came in really late (I personally think they were not ordered when she said they were), we were supposed to compete at 4 events (and paid for 4) but only went to 2 including last weekend when we were "exhibition". The list of lies and lack of responsibility just go on and on. This was the last straw. I am thinking that maybe she did not register the girls and the section was full. Does that happen?

Thank you for letting me know that we could have competed. I will let the other parents know and see where we want to go from here.

My 4 year old, Susie, is on Tiny 4.2. You should see her double down!! Her backspot is only 3 but she almost has her back handspring!
sally is WAY better than susie. im going to tell the coach she should take susie out of the air and put in sally because she's better

My CPs' old gym had a minis team a couple of years ago that had 5 girls. They won US Finals and that year they took all of the division winners' videos from all of their National Comps and had judges score them to name "true Narional Champs". They won that as well.

I wish that is how it went down. Unfortunately it was a mess of lies and covering her butt!

We knew the girl was injured and the routine was reworked. Then on the Monday night before we were competing she told us that we couldn't compete with only 11 girls, and that she was really working hard to get the head of the competition to let us come and do exhibition at the Junior Prep level. She said she was on the phone "begging" them to let us do an exhibition and that she would talk to them again in the morning and let us know. Then in the morning she told us she had to fight and fight for it, but they were going to let us come and be Junior Prep exhibition. Many of the parents said we should just not go at all but she really pushed to have us go. It is so weird!!

This team was a mess from the start. Our uniforms came in really late (I personally think they were not ordered when she said they were), we were supposed to compete at 4 events (and paid for 4) but only went to 2 including last weekend when we were "exhibition". The list of lies and lack of responsibility just go on and on. This was the last straw. I am thinking that maybe she did not register the girls and the section was full. Does that happen?

Thank you for letting me know that we could have competed. I will let the other parents know and see where we want to go from here.

That's what I was going to say - that she didn't register them. It wouldn't be full - but either they wouldn't let her because the date was passed or (more likely) she spent your money and didn't have it anymore to register them.

Last edited:
Back