All-Star How Many Full Outs Do You Do?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 24, 2014
I was wondering how many full outs is typical for a practice during competition season. If you don't mind sharing, how many full outs do you usually do during practice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Average was about 2 or 3 for us... I dont know what I would do if we would have had to do that many! The most we probably ever did was like 6 and that was when we were super bad and couldnt get through one routine!

@Kris10boo I am dying to know how many full outs you guys do?
My daughter said only 2 or 3 full outs TOPS

She said they will also do 3 or 4 stunts only performances.

But stunting is where we need work. We have squad tumbling and usually really clean so they just spend individual time on the tumbling sections but don't make them do it full out.

And they condition ALOT

Last edited:
6 or 7 being the norm sounds exhausting. That's a bad day for us - it means that on the first 2 or 3 we were a mess causing us to do it more. How many we do is dependent on how the first one goes. If it's good, we start working sections and usually do one or two more later. If it's bad, we do it again almost immediately. 3 seems about average, though we do full out stunt group runs sometimes which feels like it's not a full out but pretty much is with the exception of the parts of the pyramid we can't do, which for my group is just one flip. Like @Kris10boo said, we do a lot of stunt run throughs, and a lot of tumbling/jumps run throughs too. Usually at the beginning of practice it's "how this goes will determine how the rest of practice goes" and at the end it's "this COULD be your last full out"

Last season at my old program we couldn't really do full outs much because we were on old fashioned school mats so anything harder than a walkover they couldnt do and when we did tumbling the gym wouldnt allow cheer shoes so no stunting. before nationals we went to another gym to do full outs and the night before went to practice.
Instead we would do many performance and stunt runs with as full out jumps and dance runs

According to my daughter, she said her team typically will do 2-3 full outs depending on how well the full outs go, but she said a few times, not often, the team will only do 1 and the extreme was 5 without breaks... She also mentioned that the coaches will start working on individual stunt groups, jumps w/o tucks and pyramid , if full outs are not hitting on those extreme full out nights ...

We do 2 and sometimes 3 for good measure. Usually all we need is 2.
We say it like this:
"1 to get ready 2 for the show 3 for good measure and 4 is a no"

I heard something like that in NLMS's mix from 2011...

Makes me wonder how SMOED.

Back