All-Star How Many Full Outs Do You Do?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Average was about 2 or 3 for us... I dont know what I would do if we would have had to do that many! The most we probably ever did was like 6 and that was when we were super bad and couldnt get through one routine!
They don't hardly do that anymore. [emoji19] I don't think they even do 1 full out some practices. Ill have to ask B, but last I heard it was like once every week or2. (I'm never at the gym lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't hardly do that anymore. [emoji19] I don't think they even do 1 full out some practices. Ill have to ask B, but last I heard it was like once every week or2. (I'm never at the gym lol)

Dang! I'm pretty sure like the week and a half or 2 weeks before we at least had 2 a practice unless the first one was perfect. Then 5 always did at least a stunt out or 2 and tumble runs or conditioning routines in there most times! They need to start doing more :(

We usually do 2-3 as well.
Only problem is tumbling as we do have a tumbling gym every two weeks but that's way too small for full outs and you're not allowed to wear shoes. So our full outs usually don't include any tumbling exept standing tuck. We maby do one with running included but after that it just gets too difficult for people to keep tumbling as we have very worn out hard mats that don't even really match. Hand it gets very hard on the wrists and knees. We're also not a very tumbling strong team. :/

Not sure about all of them...but my one CP's competition practices start with 10 minute warm-up, 5 minute stretch, 15 minutes of stunt warm-up and then they run full outs and partial full outs back to back with a few 3 minute breaks in between if another team wants to go for the rest of the two hour practice. They're a hard working group...a boy from the World's team at the gym is filling in for an injury this week on their team and he couldn't deal with the warm-up or routine intensity. Poor guy.

My teams do a total of 5 full outs per practice and we also do 3 all stunt/conditioning routines and then we do 3 all Tumbling/Jump/conditioning routine. Usually with a five minute break inbetween then we do 3 of each routine sections. Standing tumbling, Jumps, Elite stunts and baskets, running tumbling, pyramid, and then dance and we usually start or finish with 3 tight clean marks

I have been retired for about 2 years now but when I was cheering I was on a AG small senior 5 team and we did roughly 2-3 (give or take) full outs a practice. After every full out we would do what we called a "take 5" and run five laps once we finished the routine (this actually really helped with endurance and at competitions knowing you didn't have to run 5 laps after performing made you push 10 times harder during the routine)

We also would do 30 second sections, I actually liked these more than full outs. We would do the first 30 seconds full out until it hit perfect and then move on to the next 30 seconds until it was perfect, until the routine was finished.

When I was cheering, we had an unspoken routine...
Weekday practices, we usually did limited fullouts (1-3). Those days, we normally worked more on sections and perfecting things, technique, etc, since kids had classes during the week, and they didn't want to overwork anybody.
Weekend practices, we usually did more fullouts, but switched off with one or more other teams. We would warm up sections, then do a tumbling only fullout, and then a stunt only fullout, and then a complete one. If we hit and had energy, gave a real performance, etc, we would usually move more toward weekday section work. But sometimes even if we were being consistent and hitting well, we would still have to do "3 and done" or something like so.
Kinda like @oncecoolcoachnowmom said, it really depended on the day.

I would say 2-3 is optimal with lots of conditioning. The issue with doing a high number of full outs is the risk of injury goes up.

Yes.

I find that whatever doesn't hit during the first 3 full outs, is DEFINITELY not going to hit if you push to 4, 5, 6.

Ex: If your pyramid isn't hitting by fullout #3, by fullout FIVE kids are going to be on the struggle bus just trying to hold the center PREP at that point.

Depends on what the fish say ;) We will often play "let's go fishing" (the game where you have a plastic fishing pole and little plastic fish spin around the game board opening and closing their mouths) - there are 21 fish. Each has a sticker on the bottom with a number, 1-7. I have a list of the routine broken into numbered parts. At least one of the numbers is a full out. Every time we do a section, I get to choose the kid who performed the best and he or she gets to go fishing for the next section we will run through. Even my seniors love the fish game :)

Depends on what the fish say ;) We will often play "let's go fishing" (the game where you have a plastic fishing pole and little plastic fish spin around the game board opening and closing their mouths) - there are 21 fish. Each has a sticker on the bottom with a number, 1-7. I have a list of the routine broken into numbered parts. At least one of the numbers is a full out. Every time we do a section, I get to choose the kid who performed the best and he or she gets to go fishing for the next section we will run through. Even my seniors love the fish game :)
We have a dice, but everyone is torn between wanting to roll it and being afraid to be responsible for a full out! One time we rolled 3 in a row... Nobody wanted to roll it after the 2nd full out, but after the third nobody even wanted to touch it!

The most I've ever done in one practice was between 9-12.
That was a while ago though haha

Back