All-Star How Many Gyms Are In Your Area?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Manhattan
We are located in Staten Island. We currently have competitive teams up to level 3 (All of which competed at the summit last year) and an open level 4 which we started this year. We are always looking to spread the word and grow our program, knowing there is plenty of talent throughout the city. We have had some kids on our team from manhattan in the past. We are close to all public transportation on the island (Busses and trains) You can see our website or you can contact us for any more information if you, or anyone you know, are interested in a quality program in the area.

In my state there are probably less than 10 gyms now. Within a thirty minute there is one gym. The closest gym with a premier level five program is about 2 hours.

We are located in Staten Island. We currently have competitive teams up to level 3 (All of which competed at the summit last year) and an open level 4 which we started this year. We are always looking to spread the word and grow our program, knowing there is plenty of talent throughout the city. We have had some kids on our team from manhattan in the past. We are close to all public transportation on the island (Busses and trains) You can see our website or you can contact us for any more information if you, or anyone you know, are interested in a quality program in the area.
Your S2 last year was amazing

I live right outside Pittsburgh and all within an hour of me there is:

Pittsburgh Superstars
FCA
PA Storm
Hot Cheer
Rain Athletics
Fire & Ice
Pittsburgh Xtreme
Pittsburgh Pride
Pittsburgh Poison
Perfection all Stars
Steel City
and probably another 10 small gyms. There is a gym on every corner up here

ugh, am I the only one who wishes Pittsburgh would form some mega merger and create a team that could DOMINATE their division? So much talent spread throughout all those gyms!

Wish we had more options!! My CP cheered at a small gym for 7 years. Gym closed and our options were limited. There's a small gym within 15 minutes (only have a VERY small level 1 and 2), another small gym within 30 minutes (small level 1 and 2, with a level 3 that probably shouldn't be) and 2 additional small gyms within an hour's drive (again they only have level 1 and 2, and a very new level 3). We chose large gym which is over an hour and a half away just because of the levels offered. CP's goal is of course to grow and just felt that would be difficult at these small gyms.

There is one gym within 15 minutes of us, one within 20-25, 2-3 at around 45, and then Droplets gym, which is just under 2 hours. (85 miles 1 way) There are also more gyms there locally but I'm but I'm not sure how many.

Last edited:
I'm in Maryland. For a small state we have a whole lot of cheer gyms. We have at least 15 gyms located within an hour of me.

Cheerleading is pretty big in Stockholm. There's 11 gyms in my area:

USC
Västerås Roedeers
Sigtuna Legends
Fierce Athletics
Eastcoast Cheerleaders
Dynamite Cheerleading
Stars
Twisters Cheer Elite
Infinity Allstars
Haninge Cheer Elite
Power Cheer & Dance (my gym)

I conveniently chose the one furthest from me, lol. It's 2 hours one way by train and 1-1.5 hour driving distance.

I can count on one hand the number of kids who have taken the plunge and made the change to NJ, and all to WC. It's a huge commute and expense just in tolls and gas plus the travel time involved. I have utmost admiration for anyone who has done it/is currently doing it and everyone who has done it has had no regrets with their choice.
I blame HS cheer on the lack of competitive level 5 teams, at least on Long Island. Not many athletes on the most competitive varsity teams (Rocky Point, Mt. Sinai, Sachem) do all star as well. The time commitment and cost is just too much. Plus for those teams, school cheer has pretty much been a year round activity. (This and the fact that girls soccer and lax are huge here.)
I don't think any team from Long Island has made it to finals at Worlds.

My hubby is from NJ. Born and raised "JerseyShore" (he hates when I say that [emoji13]- from Toms River) his mom is always throwing it up about all the great cheer gyms inNJ and how she will help with driving. I would almost consider if she also helped to pay...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In St. Louis we have several gyms.

Larger Gyms:
Platinum Athletics
Cheer St. Louis - 15 minutes West from Platinum Athletics
Cheer LegendZ - 10 minutes South from Platinum Athletics
Pride of Illinois - 30 minutes East from Platinum Athletics

Small Gyms:
Full Out - 25 minutes West from Platinum Athletics
Flipside - 35 minutes South from Platinum Athletics
Spirit Elite - 15 minites West from Platinum Athletics
GT Performance - 10 minutes West from Platinum Athletics
Adrenaline - 20 minutes West from Platinum Athletics
St. Louis Elite - 15 minutes from Platinum Athletics

We spends half-years in Canada/USA...there's plenty of gyms in Texas, no surprise. But our location in Canada actually has four gyms, all within 20-30 mins of each other. Cheer has really hit it off there!

Back