High School How Many Practices A Week And For How Long?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We don't have regular practices during the summer. We have little wildcats camp for a week, and in the afternoons we have our own camp to teach the new girls cheers. And then we go to a UCA camp for three or four days. Other than that practices don't start till the school year when we practice Mondays and Wednesdays for about 2 hours

Summer for us is 3 days a week for 3 hours each. Then in the fall, we move on to everyday except Saturday competitions and no Sundays. We practice 3:20-6:30. I feel like this amount of practice is too much on hard floor. The body should have a little break!

6 days a week for 4-6 hours depending on how well we do then 3 hours of tumbling Sunday morning and then 2.5 hours of condtioning on Sunday night. This is the reason my team is in top 3 of the state in our divison

Once a week for 3 hours. That's during the summer and during the school year. My problem with that is we have about 8 practices between the beginning of the summer and UCA camp. That's nothing.

My comp teams practice twice a week for 2 hours for cheer, and have an hour of tumbling a week. In the summer we have cheer for 3 hours twice a week. If I schedule more I get parent complaints. My sideline teams only practice an hour a week, they have to learn the cheers from a DVD before they get to practice, we review, and stunt a little.

4 days a week for 2 1/2 hours at a time March - February. Once competition season is in swing we occasionally bump up to 5 days a week.

Back