All-Star How Many Teams Are Bringing Athletes That Were On The Team When The Bid Was Won?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 19, 2015
Not looking to pass judgement. How many teams are there that are not bringing the original athletes who won the summit bid for their team?

Not counting injury replacements or people who quit. Or has the team added athletes, example went from a team of 15 to 20. Were the Athletes added from the same level or did they go up a level or two?

I would guess most teams are bringing mostly original athletes. Maybe I'm just being an optimist. We have one athlete who can't compete and another kid took her spot.

We have a local team who earned their bid last year, though. Their team is likely mostly new. That's unusual circumstances, though, and completely understandable.

I am sure there will be some teams who will be shady and do that but I feel the vast majority will only replace athletes as needed.
I am sure there will be kids either hurt or even leave considering a lot of gyms are having tryouts prior to Summit and not be able to compete. To me those are understandable circumstances. I am sure that plenty of us, me included, would let our CPs be a Summit fill in if we were asked.

To be fair, I think the situation described by my Shady Athletics comment is not the norm. Those are extreme situations (eg. the ones that get everyone's attention in a "you've got to be kidding me" way and we all end up discussing because it's just overkill and an obvious attempt at winning.)

Ex: A Senior 2 made up of 75% kids from R5. It doesn't happen often but when it does we're all like "WHAT!" because it's just that extreme.

My Cp team has been very lucky no major injuries and no one has quit. Seventeen girls small j3 team were on the team when they got the bid same 17 girls are competing. It's actually a young team 5 of the girls could have competed youth age my CP was one and only 2 girls age out next year.

I get what you're asking but is someone REALLY going to come in here and post "Shady Athletics isn't! Half our Senior 1 is actually from Senior 4?"
I was thinking more of who is going to track something like that, especially for other teams.

Someone is a pessimist.

**Sometimes I ask questions I already know the answer to so I feel smart answering them**

Back