OT How Someone Becomes A Cheerlebrity (not What You Think I Promise)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nov 3, 2010
Okay so I want to warn you all, this will probably be long and maybe should be in the allstar section but I wanted to get my thoughts out and not have it be an all out war haha. Whoa that was a long sentence, but whatevs. Here I go.

So on twitter tonight people were talking about the word cheerlebrity and pretty much beating a dead horse with it, but I thought of something when some points were brought up. What if these "cheerlebrities" put themselves on that pedestal? They put themselves in the position they are in now. If someone acts like a normal human being, just a normal cheerleader like the rest of us, then people tend to see that and not treat them any differently. Now if someone acts like they're better than everyone else, like they're some type of super cheerleader, then people feed off of that and look at them differently. I mean this like when people say, "I'll follow everyone back who follows blah blah blah", RTing everyone who gives them a compliment, making a website, tumblr, or whatever social media network like a celebrity, talking to people like they're beneath them and they're just some fan, this is when respecting what someone does becomes a fangirl obsession. If you act like you're Justin Bieber, people are going to treat you like him, you get what I'm saying?

That wasn't too long. I just needed to get this off my brain haha

This thread is a bad idea simply because I could post for days and I think you guys would wanna kill me if I talked as much as I could about this...

This thread is a bad idea simply because I could post for days and I think you guys would wanna kill me if I talked as much as I could about this...

Go ahead....talk away. I'll be your huckleberry.

If someone ever farts a rainbow, it better be posted on every social media site!
62b52286-500a-b2ec.jpg

BowCat 's boyfriend (I think)

Hahaha I love when you post so go ahead! 9 times out of 10 I agree with you anyway.

I agree with what's said above, but not anybody could become one. You do actually have to be really good. The reason people love cheerlebrities is because they're sort of the epitome of the skills we all want. It's not like you've ever seen a cheerlebrity with a RO BHS Tuck, even if they have a PR rep working for them, it just wouldn't work.

I agree with what's said above, but not anybody could become one. You do actually have to be really good. The reason people love cheerlebrities is because they're sort of the epitome of the skills we all want. It's not like you've ever seen a cheerlebrity with a RO BHS Tuck, even if they have a PR rep working for them, it just wouldn't work.
what i dont get is that sometimes theyre just a typical level 5 cheerleader, with a full and a 2 to full but since they come from a big gym and theyre pretty they get so much special attention and theres like a fangirl obsession

i don't think anyone becomes a cheerlebrity without *some* sort of "marketing" whether it be by their gym, parents, themselves, etc.
THANK YOU!! It drives me nuts when everyone is like they're just normal people who are really good at what they do. Most of those people come from 36 member teams full of people who are really good at what they do... that's why they're on that team. They promote and make themselves IMHO greater than what they truly are. Have some of them gotten attention simply for their talent...? Yes but for the most part the gym/parents/whatever creates a monster.

If you pimp yourself out enough, you're going to get the attention. Look at some of the best cheerleaders all around: Brooke from WC, that fierce tumbler/flyer who does double through to doubles like its no ones buisness on Panthers, Sharity on SE, pretty much everyone on Orange- they are fabulous athletes, but there not cheerlebs because they don't put themselves out there. They're just talented girls who don't post about or promote their every move.

I was at the gym the other week and this 12 year old girl was talking to her friend and getting her to take a picture of her straight leg. She was saying,"I really wanna be the next cheerlebrity!" and then she gets all her friends to post and tweet to follow her and instagrams pictures of herself in body positions 247.

Stuff like that just bothers that crap out of me! Not only do kids think its so important to be popular now, but they think that that's more important than getting their team noticed. Ughhhhh!!!!

For the most part it is the parents/coaches/gym owners who will publicize their child. But it is mostly only because they are extremely fantastic at what they are doing.
Then there are the others who will get that one random person stalking every picture or tweet they post and start the ball rolling.
But if Suzy is over in the corner with her back walkover and dorito leg saying she's going to be a cheerlebrity, it probably isn't going to happen.

Back