High School How To Base And Fly A "suicide Fall" Stunt??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 15, 2016
not sure if that's what the stunt is called but it's the one where the flyer starts at either a prep or a full and they dip her and she folds in half and the bases catch her back. I'm just not sure how to base that, do they let go of her foot completely? Also any tips for the flyer would be great!

Thank you!!

Yea bases let go, it's not really much different than a cradle for the bases. Back spot holds on to the ankles the whole time. One tip for the flyer is to reach for their ankles and tuck their chin to the chest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yea bases let go, it's not really much different than a cradle for the bases. Back spot holds on to the ankles the whole time. One tip for the flyer is to reach for their ankles and tuck their chin to the chest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Thank you!!

Not sure how to base it but for flyers reach for the ankles and look down as you're grabbing for them. Also, like Doctorcheer said MAKE SURE the flyer will go for it if not it becomes very scary for the bases.

Yes, it's the pancake... And it's important that the flyer land on her BACK to make it catchable for her bases. (No diving, it's folding) Remind your flyer... She's really just folding into a high flat cradle position.

Thank you so much! I personally haven't done one in a while and even then I have only ever backed it. I'm going to try them at practice with my girls today :)

To help teach the flyers the technique for the pancake I have them jump and fold several times on the big squishy blue mat type thing that track high jumpers land on as many flyers when learning this stunt tend to stall the flip because they get freaked out which then means there head would be going towards the ground. Also I always put four extra spots one in each corner of the stunt with their hands in to help the bases catch as this stunt comes down a lot harder so if they aren't braced enough flyer could fall through. You can gradually take one spotter out the more comfortable you start to feel.

we call it a waterfall. one major tip for the bases is to catch the flyer in middle of their back, as the impact from catching on or near the neck can cause injury. I was also taught that the bases should hold on to the foot (heel) and just catch with their front arms, and the backspot helps catch the upper body. not sure why we do it this way as it seems like most other people have the bases let go, I assume it gives the flyer something to stand on so they can wait until the very top before they fold so they don't fold over too early

We cant double twist but we can dive face first towards the floor and just expect to be caught hahaha

That sounds harsh but this stunt has caused me so much anxiety lol
Random but I tend to randomly browse the hashtag #cheerstunts on IG and I always find myself cringing while watching these near death inversions that are being taught by HS geometry teachers with no cheer experience.

Random but I tend to randomly browse the hashtag #cheerstunts on IG and I always find myself cringing while watching these near death inversions that are being taught by HS geometry teachers with no cheer experience.

Me and the coach at a nearby school are both geometry teaching cheer coaches, but I always get terrified when she tells me she knows nothing about cheerleading and just tries things to see if they work. Like m'am no that is how people die please stick to math.

If them folding in half with both legs is called a pancake, what is it when they fold but the bases only hold one leg and the other goes up as they fold?
Is this a waterfall?
a2bc25ea31eedd5b9030be49df695bec.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back