All-Star How To Cheer Up Injured Persons?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 13, 2010
Our cheer practice today ended with a disaster! 3 people got injured. 2 flyers and 1 base, and it happened during a pyramid sequence. They got to the doctor, but it was nothing too serious. They all have big bumps in there heads, and a headache they would feel the next days.

Now there is some other flyers that are afraid to fly, because it was a very scary episode! Any tips on how to encourage them to wanting to fly again?

We're going to compete in our first competition this saturday (our team was founded in september), and now everything is looking like a mess because of this.

The injured persons and actually the whole team is kind of demotivated right now, and I was just wondering if you have any tips for cheering them up?

Try doing some team bonding. I know it doesnt sound like it would be too productive at the time but it might actually really help! Have the girls take a little time before or after practice to just be with each other and NOT talk about cheerleading. Have them sit and a circle and just chat about anything or you could even have them like assigned one person each on the team to bring in a little "cheer up" bag next practice ( a small bag with candy, food, little things that you get a 5 below of something?). My team has been in similar situations at one point or another and the best thing to do was step away from the problem for a short minute and take a breather. As close as your competition is this is a little harder for you to do but even just 5 minutes to step away from the situation, re-evaluate, and then regroup might help, even just a little. Hope everything works out ok! Good Luck!

Try doing some team bonding. I know it doesnt sound like it would be too productive at the time but it might actually really help! Have the girls take a little time before or after practice to just be with each other and NOT talk about cheerleading. Have them sit and a circle and just chat about anything or you could even have them like assigned one person each on the team to bring in a little "cheer up" bag next practice ( a small bag with candy, food, little things that you get a 5 below of something?). My team has been in similar situations at one point or another and the best thing to do was step away from the problem for a short minute and take a breather. As close as your competition is this is a little harder for you to do but even just 5 minutes to step away from the situation, re-evaluate, and then regroup might help, even just a little. Hope everything works out ok! Good Luck!
Thank you so much! I'm going to try this out on our next practice! :)

Explain that accidents happen and yes, they're scary. But being part of a team means getting through the ups and the downs together. Have the girls talk about what they're most excited for for competition, set some goals, and hype eachother up. Have the parents come into watch, like a little showcase.

Explain that accidents happen and yes, they're scary. But being part of a team means getting through the ups and the downs together. Have the girls talk about what they're most excited for for competition, set some goals, and hype eachother up. Have the parents come into watch, like a little showcase.
Thanks! :) I'll arrange a showcase on Friday!!

Back