How To Get Level 5 Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 21, 2012
Right now I am only able to throw backhandsprings, I haven't practiced my tucks in over a year, and by this time next year I would love to have my full, do you think its possible for my to get my full by then? If I go to open gym once or twice a week?

Probably not. It's really difficult to jump 3 levels to begin with and next to impossible if you're not doing privates.

Anything is possible. Open gyms would be a good start as long as they have instructors there to spot and instruct. If qualified instruction is not available I would recommend finding a structured tumbling class or maybe some private lessons. Good luck.

Anything is possible. Open gyms would be a good start as long as they have instructors there to spot and instruct. If qualified instruction is not available I would recommend finding a structured tumbling class or maybe some private lessons. Good luck.
yes they have instructors! I also might ask my mom to get me back into tumbling classes here soon!

Most open gyms are there to work on skills you already have...a place to keep skills up. Instruction comes from classes and Privates..which I highly suggest to gain those skills in a year. not impossible.....but you will need a great instructor and be willing to become a Gym Rat! best wishes!

Anything is possible! Just a month ago I had a huge mental block for anything going backwards. I practiced with a great gymnasticcoach, once a weekend, and now I do bhs without probs and I'm working om my backtucks.
Good luck to you!

It really just depends on how hard you work.
I've worked really hard on my BHS, and its been a year and i still can't do it.
Fulls are (from what i hear) one of the hardest skills to learn and perfect. If you work really hard, anything is possible.

i would recommend workin on layouts if you want your full because you need to learn hollow body and how to set the right way.

Could you do a tuck all by yourself? How are your other tumbling skills like ROs? I think it's possible if your back handspring or RO is already good and powerful. Add a layout to your practice schedule w/lots of private classes. Visualize yourself doing the skills you want to get and do whatever conditioning your instructor recommends.

Possible, I think, but it'll depend on how hard you work, mental readiness and your current form. It'll be a year of hard work. Good luck!!

Back