High School Hs Teams That Don't Compete

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Am I the ONLY one on the fierceboard who has a high school team that doesn't compete? I know the fierceboard is full of cheerleaders who compete, but are there any girls out there who don't? Any girls who are only on a high school team and cheer for sports?

What sports do you cheer for?
What are some creative things your team does for peprallies, games, routines, cheers, etc.?
Do you still love it even though you don't compete?

*And for the ones who DO compete, do you still get to experience true school spirit and cheer on your boys/girls? The high school side of HS cheerleading, as compared to the competitive side.

i like that high school cheer allows me to get to know and be involved with people who go to the same school as me but i LIVE for the competitive part of it, mostly because i was previously competed on an allstar team & im competitive by nature!

Cheerleading was a joke at my high school, our coaches changed every year and we never cheered for any sports at our school, we only competed

Am I the ONLY one on the fierceboard who has a high school team that doesn't compete? I know the fierceboard is full of cheerleaders who compete, but are there any girls out there who don't? Any girls who are only on a high school team and cheer for sports? My high school doesn't compete so we just cheer for the two sports. I think trying to do both high school and competitions takes away from school spirit in the sense you're paying more attention to the competition aspect. Then again maybe I'm wrong.

What sports do you cheer for? Basketball and Football
What are some creative things your team does for peprallies, games, routines, cheers, etc.? We've done many different things.
Do you still love it even though you don't compete? Yes

*And for the ones who DO compete, do you still get to experience true school spirit and cheer on your boys/girls? The high school side of HS cheerleading, as compared to the competitive side.

In practically the whole state of Kentucky, there are many talented squads that compete (i.e., Paul Laurence Dunbar, Greenup, Henry Clay, Tates Creek, Graves County, Bowling Green, Pikeville, Dupont Manual, Louisville Male, etc.)

I get the best of both worlds... i do all-stars and high school:) my high school team does not compete at all. The year before I was there(my 8th grade year) they did compete and i'm not sure how they did like if they won a lot or not but they didnt continue to compete last year(9th grade year) or this year... so you arent alone:)

we cheer only for football and basketball:) and occasionaly a baseball game or 2
we dont have much to do with the setup of anything... our ASB does most of it:p
i love it i just dont love my coaches... they think they are the bomb and they arent:p and they talk about cheer as if they know what they're talking about... and they dont its pretty funny cuz they even know that a lot of us have cheered since we were little:p and we correct them

Back