All-Star Hypnotheraphy....?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 17, 2011
Hi everyone!!! I am an EXTREMELY mental athlete (and have been for like 4 years now). I don't progress well with tumbling because I'm so mental. this is my senior year and I really would love to try to progress more. Me and my coaches have tried EVERYTHING and now I'm (personally, without any outside influence to try it) considering talking to my mom about hypnosis/hypnotherapy. I'm wondering if any of you have ever tried it or considered trying it and what your thoughts on it are. What do you think the pros/cons would be and do you think it's worth trying? If you've tried it or if you know someone who's tried it what were the results for them or for you??

Thank you in advance!!!

Hi everyone!!! I am an EXTREMELY mental athlete (and have been for like 4 years now). I don't progress well with tumbling because I'm so mental. this is my senior year and I really would love to try to progress more. Me and my coaches have tried EVERYTHING and now I'm (personally, without any outside influence to try it) considering talking to my mom about hypnosis/hypnotherapy. I'm wondering if any of you have ever tried it or considered trying it and what your thoughts on it are. What do you think the pros/cons would be and do you think it's worth trying? If you've tried it or if you know someone who's tried it what were the results for them or for you??

Thank you in advance!!!
Idk anyone that's gone this route but I'm intrigued to know if it works. I'll be hypnotizing every dang athlete I've got if it does.

"You CAN throw a double full. You WILL execute it perfectly. You will be at my command..."

Lol I kid, I kid. I actually do wonder if this would help kids with mental blocks. I'm interested to know!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Idk anyone that's gone this route but I'm intrigued to know if it works. I'll be hypnotizing every dang athlete I've got if it does.

"You CAN throw a double full. You WILL execute it perfectly. You will be at my command..."

Lol I kid, I kid. I actually do wonder if this would help kids with mental blocks. I'm interested to know!

I'm intrigued to know too. I know a mom at my gym was considering having her daughter do it because she was mental, but then her daughter got over it. I've literally had a back handspring so many times but then have lost it very shortly after. I haven't thrown since April or the beginning of May. It's been very frustrating for me and my coaches. I won't throw it anywhere by myself, but the skill itself IS by myself. When a coach spots it, they literally do NOTHING! It's ALL me, I'm just scared of it for some reason.

I'm intrigued to know too. I know a mom at my gym was considering having her daughter do it because she was mental, but then her daughter got over it. I've literally had a back handspring so many times but then have lost it very shortly after. I haven't thrown since April or the beginning of May. It's been very frustrating for me and my coaches. I won't throw it anywhere by myself, but the skill itself IS by myself. When a coach spots it, they literally do NOTHING! It's ALL me, I'm just scared of it for some reason.
I've been considering this for a long time too, but now I think I might try it, I just want to hopefully have some more insight from the fiercers before I do...

I'm interested to know if this works! I had a bad mental block for three years but finally got over it my senior year and part of me always wondered if it would work or not. I'd say go for it if it's not expensive and your parents are willing to let you/pay for it.

I'm interested to know if this works! I had a bad mental block for three years but finally got over it my senior year and part of me always wondered if it would work or not. I'd say go for it if it's not expensive and your parents are willing to let you/pay for it.
That's another thing is cost. If it's expensive I might try to talk my mom into letting me split the cost with her or something. I really want to try this, but part of me is so nervous. I want to throw my tumbling SO badly, I can visualize myself doing it, and I can do ANYTHING with a spot, but the second I go to do it by myself, I just freeze...

Part of my therapy for other things (not mental blocking) is hypnosis.

I dont know, its nothing life changing or amazing or like youre going to be magically cured. It feels like youre halfway asleep and its just easier to feel out your emotions, and maybe they can help you get to the root of why youre feeling afraid of tumbling.

Be patient if you decide to do it, and good luck!

Part of my therapy for other things (not mental blocking) is hypnosis.

I dont know, its nothing life changing or amazing or like youre going to be magically cured. It feels like youre halfway asleep and its just easier to feel out your emotions, and maybe they can help you get to the root of why youre feeling afraid of tumbling.

Be patient if you decide to do it, and good luck!
Thanks for the info! Have you found it helpful for what you're working through? And does it take several sessions to get to the root of the problem or can it be done in a smaller amount?

I tried it for smoking about 20 years ago, and it just made me angry I paid $150 for the session every time I lit up a cigarette. Unfortunately, "no", it didn't work for me and this guy came highly recommended. The good news, I made the decision to quit cold turkey and haven't turned back. I don't know if you can relate a mental block to smoking, but if you can then I will say the mental decision to plow through the tough time was the most powerful thing I did to get through it. The one thing we probably do/did have in common are the words "I can't", don't let them ever come out of your mouth, "you can" and best of luck!

I tried it for smoking about 20 years ago, and it just made me angry I paid $150 for the session every time I lit up a cigarette. Unfortunately, "no", it didn't work for me and this guy came highly recommended. The good news, I made the decision to quit cold turkey and haven't turned back. I don't know if you can relate a mental block to smoking, but if you can then I will say the mental decision to plow through the tough time was the most powerful thing I did to get through it. The one thing we probably do/did have in common are the words "I can't", don't let them ever come out of your mouth, "you can" and best of luck!
I don't tell myself that I can't- I know that I can, I just physically don't do it, and I don't know why.. I can't GET myself to do it, but I know that I CAN do it because I've done it before, and like I said it's basically by myself, my coaches do nothing but put their hand out when they spot me. I've been trying to work through this for 4 years.
Thank you! and good for you for quitting and never looking back :)

Thanks for the info! Have you found it helpful for what you're working through? And does it take several sessions to get to the root of the problem or can it be done in a smaller amount?
Its taken me several sessions. Its helping a little.

If your parents get health insurance through work, they'll usually have some free sessions. I had eight free sessions through my moms work insurance.

Its taken me several sessions. Its helping a little.

If your parents get health insurance through work, they'll usually have some free sessions. I had eight free sessions through my moms work insurance.
Thanks for that information. My mom has H.I. through her work, so maybe I can try it. I hope it continues working for you. I appreciate you giving me the info that you have :)

I know of an athlete who has done this. Would randomly block on things and then stress herself out because she couldn't break through. It would happen randomly and unexpectedly and she's go from throwing fulls to handspring rebound only. She'd work through it and a few days, weeks later she'd be back until something else would happen and she'd block again. This was a pretty young but very talented kid. It was hard in her because she's hard on herself. They tried this route at some point, I haven't seen her block in over a year, stuff that would cause a block (a random crash like all kids tend to do with new skills) didn't phase her. She's now throwing punch to double like a boss and is a hair's breadth away from her standing full.

Frankly, after CP13 comes back from her injury if she's still having her own confidence issues I've actually considered it for her.

I don't Imagine it could hurt and for at least one kid I've seen it work beautifully. I also think (by definition) it's very individual and results would vary individually. This was a young kid, I'm wondering if the older you are the more your own predispositions would matter.

Back