All-Star I Am Fed Up With Varsity Tv Videos And Their Slow Loading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Only when it is coming from underage posters who think it is alright to post about getting wasted underage on a public forum. 18+ doesn't mean "now I can drink and older" last time I checked 21 is the age in the US. SMH
sorry end vent/rant

Anywho can we please have the entire videos uploaded on top of the better quality. If I am going to pay money (which I would) to see them I would hope to get the entire video please.
It was a joke.

King, if you ran for President, you would be the 1st Democrat I voted for :).
Now that might be a bit too deep for me ;)

I have been informed by Roger I am more libertarian than democrat. Either way, I am just a fan of getting things done. I would be terrible in politics.

I would pay $10-$20 for varsity videos. But I would be mad if I paid and they still cut out 30 seconds of video. I was watching some competition on varsity and I was getting so angry because they cut out the stunt section in every single video. And that is what I wanted to see the most. So hey could save money by using King's idea, charging people, and getting rid of their video editors. They aren't needed to edit a 2:30 vid down to 2 min anyway.

I know they load reaaally slow, but hey, at least they eventually put them up. I don't like how they cut out parts & it's usually the stunts!

I have been informed by Roger I am more libertarian than democrat. Either way, I am just a fan of getting things done. I would be terrible in politics.

Was Roger drinking? Libertarians are not into limiting individual choice for the presumption of what is best for the group. However, getting things done is rather non partisan. I think you are a classic progressive from your posting.

kingston said:
It really irks me to try and watch videos

SO, to any people on Varsity TV that read, I offer a solution (instead of the normal just whining and complaining!).

You can pay for a Vimeo account (it is like Youtube only a bit higher quality and just as fast). In that account you can set it up so the videos from your competition can ONLY be viewed from the varsity.com domain. If someone tries to link directly to the video and play it outside of varsity it will not allow it (or shoot you to the varsity page). It will track everything for you, give you analytics on who is watching and where, allow you to categorize, and be done with that AWFUL interface you guys have going on.

A fast loading video that doesn't cost you bandwidth to host. HD quality videos! There is a cap of 5 gig a week, but, correct compression and uploading at 480p (cause 1080 for a cheer comp is silly) would not exceed that for a ton of videos. And if that was a concern at all you can have multiple accounts.

And, this is all for a grand total of.... $60 a year. I just made you money and your service better. How much do you guys pay for hosting and bandwidth currently? It is either not enough to meet the needs of the public or way too expensive.

Chances of the Varsity TV people reading this and actually doing it.. Zero.

Sigh.

Brightcove.com. I'm fairly certain that's the CDN that Varsity uses. It's pricey, but it's much more of an enterprise solution than using Vimeo is. And there's no way a 5GB/ week cap would work. They go weeks without uploading, but then need to post hundreds of videos over the course of a weekend. There's no way all of the videos from NCA are under 5GB total, especially if you want to offer decent resolution.

Vimeo Plus is good for a personal user or small business, but not for someone who wants to provide a searchable video library for thousands of users embedded in their website. Brightcove provides services to build interfaces and professional support that you're just not going to get from Vimeo.

Brightcove is expensive, but it's pretty much the industry standard for this type of thing.

They should, however, make a pay site. And it must be part of some contract that they cut 30seconds of the video but it's dumb.

Brightcove.com. I'm fairly certain that's the CDN that Varsity uses. It's pricey, but it's much more of an enterprise solution than using Vimeo is. And there's no way a 5GB/ week cap would work. They go weeks without uploading, but then need to post hundreds of videos over the course of a weekend. There's no way all of the videos from NCA are under 5GB total, especially if you want to offer decent resolution.

Vimeo Plus is good for a personal user or small business, but not for someone who wants to provide a searchable video library for thousands of users embedded in their website. Brightcove provides services to build interfaces and professional support that you're just not going to get from Vimeo.

Brightcove is expensive, but it's pretty much the industry standard for this type of thing.

They should, however, make a pay site. And it must be part of some contract that they cut 30seconds of the video but it's dumb.

It says 5G cap on individual videos.

And, how many gigs does a competition need? 50? That is 10 registered accounts, broken down by age group OR level. Hire a programmer to do a nice front end. There are TONS of ways to do it and save money. Unless brightcove.com is cheaper than 600 a year.

kingston said:
It says 5G cap on individual videos.

You can now upload videos of file sizes up to 5G, it used to be 1.5G for technical reasons, but it's ALSO a max of 5G/week storage space, whether that's spread out over 1 video or a hundred

You can now upload videos of file sizes up to 5G, it used to be 1.5G for technical reasons, but it's ALSO a max of 5G/week storage space, whether that's spread out over 1 video or a hundred

Then just use more accounts. If an account is 60 per year, figure out how many accounts you need safely to do it. Let us say 10 accounts. VarsityVideo1 - VarsityVideo10. Because a user would never be allowed to watch the video ON the Vimeo site they would only be allowed to watch it on an embedded site... like varsitytv.com. From there post the link in some type of index. You could use wordpress to be really cheap. Or higher a programmer to write one. The end result would be the user would have no idea what account the varsityvideo would be on, and wouldnt care. The video would be in HD, load fast, be less expensive.

Unless I'm off about something. Why ISNT this possible? In the tech world there always is a cheaper better solution if you know how.

And really, could the user experience be any worse? Build it, offer it for free to beta test. Charge when kinks are worked out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Back