I Have Issues Getting My Full

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 11, 2017
I have a great full on the trampoline, but when I get spotted i curl up into a ball with bent legs! Does anybody have tips to straighten out my legs in the trick?

Having it on the trampoline and on the floor are miles apart. What do your coaches say?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @Hayley , I would recommend evaluating your prerequisite progression skills. Often times the reason that advance skills are difficult to get on the floor is because the foundation is not set. Consider reviewing your (1) round off, (2) back handspring, and (3) layout.

Every time I even think about teaching a full, I look for a high, hollow layout (no arch). Your layout should finish before you land (I.e. not as you land). Fulls take energy from your rotation, it's physics, so a high strong layout is necessary.

I have a great full on the trampoline, but when I get spotted i curl up into a ball with bent legs! Does anybody have tips to straighten out my legs in the trick?
Perhaps someone can video using Coaches' Eye (an app). Once you have a video, your coach or another individual can indicate to you areas which need to be improved.

Back