All-Star I Owe Everyone An Apology...please Read Janky Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The team that actually had me gasping was State All-Stars. The other team/gym did have it share of problems but it was not the actual team I was referencing. I am so very sorry. Please see my complete apology in the other thread.

No I saw it. Don't feel so bad. Hagerstown Heat had the same issues and you weren't doing anything wrong by calling out teams with unsafe routines. As someone else mentioned, they put those routines on the floor and personally, I think that these scary situations need to be called out. Heat was just another good example. Don't beat yourself up!

The other team was just as janky. Don't be sorry.

I agree. You don't need to be sorry for anything. No one is personally picking on those gyms in a negative way, they're just stating that they're being pushed to create level 5 teams to take to Worlds or else they'll possibly lose athletes to other gyms. But they're also good examples of why USASF is trying to make these divisions even more limited, and that maybe if they're called out (not disrespected, more worried about the athletes), then it wouldn't be so common to see teams like those.

Don't be sorry! You're just critiquing their performance!!!!:)

I completely agree. These challenges/issues will never go away if people keep burying their heads in the sand.

These athletes are at risk. Nobody can deny that. And after 6-7 years of this tiptoeing around the problem, enough is enough. Nobody else is stepping up to address the problem, and as long as everyone can persuade themselves "It's not me/my team they are talking about, it can't possibly be" it will continue. I applaud your actions!

The mistake is that these coaches see it as A-okay to risk the physical health of their athletes. You're "mistake" brought these things to the forefront in an honest way (instead of tiptoeing around, as TheUltimateFan put it) where they should be. You may have saved a future athletes knees!!! Its all good...

and, one more thing. You proved that the USASF is not focused on the real issues of safety.

The mistake is that these coaches see it as A-okay to risk the physical health of their athletes. You're "mistake" brought these things to the forefront in an honest way (instead of tiptoeing around, as TheUltimateFan put it) where they should be. You may have saved a future athletes knees!!! Its all good...

and, one more thing. You proved that the USASF is not focused on the real issues of safety.
The thing that bothers me the most about this is...Those new rules they are trying to rush into place do not deal with any of these issues being discussed today?????? Now that is crazy...

Why would you apologize for highlighting a safety issue? If coaches won't act as advocates for their athlete's safety, SOMEONE has to, and I for one commend you for being brave enough to be the one to do it.

Hannah said it better than I could!!! But ditto to everything she said!

I was just reading the janky tumbling thread, got an error, and now I don't see it. Was I reading it and then it was taken down?

Latest posts

Back