All-Star I Think Mclovin Called Me A Liar...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mclovin

Cheer Parent
Mar 24, 2010
wow mstealtoyou really?? Saying that it took you 5 or 6 posts to finally say there was a "reevaluation" of the 2 junior teams leading up to Dallas DOES NOT mean I called you a liar. I can't believe you even went there...

I do want to apologize however, because while I was prepping myself to respond to you I went back to re-read all of our exchanges to make a point. While going back I noticed that you did in fact mention the word "reevaluation" in your very first response to me. Between trying to actually work at my day job and trying to post, I must have missed that. However, I will also say that 5 or 6 posts later you said "there was no compilation". Then 2 posts later you state that your CP and another girl were "just excited to keep their spots". Then a couple of posts later you go back to saying there was a "reevaluation" of the kids on the team. So rather than trying to call you a LIAR, I was in fact trying to get a clear, straight answer, which I didn't feel I was getting. I just wanted to know exactly how it went down. Because at the very same moment that we were exchanging posts back and forth I had a parent from CEA private message me all upset about what I was trying to claim. Within our private message and her trying to explain how it all works, she even said and I quote:

"I think the whole "tryout" for the Dallas team mentality came with the prestige of being on that team. When Courtney started taking a junior team to Dallas, was around the same time she open the Mt. Airy gym and the Salem gym. She did pick the very best junior aged athleted to go. That meant to the "Kernersville" kids that Mt. Airy and Salem kids were free to drive the extra 30-45 minutes to Kernersville to be on that team. This lead to kids being on a team at their "home" gym and also being on a team that traveled to Dallas and practiced in Kville."

Further on she said:

"The kids were told the best 36 junior aged kids would be on the Dallas team. She tells the kids that to keep them motivated and working toward a common goal. The all girl team that year already had the best 36 junior aged kids on it."

So this is quite different, in my mind at least, than what you were trying to say took place. The private message to me was very honest and explained exactly what I had always been told took place.

So no mstealtoyou, I did not call you a liar and I don't appreciate you accusing me of doing so...

Mclovin , did you get your name from Superbad? lol

hahaha! There is a very long story behind how I got my name...lol HeyimA gave it to me. My username used to be lovinmy2girls and during a very long and crazy Memorial Day weekend back in the Pro X days HeyimA said I should change my name to McLovin. Being old and not really into comedies all that much, I thought she was referring to McDonalds and the whole "I'm Lovin It" slogan they had back then. She then proceded to educate me on where exactly the name came from. So yes, it is from Superbad. At first I was slightly embarrassed by that after learning what Superbad was about, but then I decided that "McLovin's" character in Superbad was completely opposite of what kind of person I am in real life so I decided it would be neat to keep it. :)

lol ha its funny because I am actually watching it for the first time, as we speak for my women studies class. And I was like "mclovin" sounds so familiar lol

Is this for real? You created a post so you could be deliberately unkind? Veil it in "I just want to apologize..." but unkind is what it is...and that is all I am going to say on the subject.

Is this for real? You created a post so you could be deliberately unkind? Veil it in "I just want to apologize..." but unkind is what it is...and that is all I am going to say on the subject.

I created a thread because we were asked to stop hijacking the other thread. I am not being deliberately unkind. I want to finish the discussion. I was accused of calling someone a liar and I don't appreciate that at all. I wasn't going to let the other thread end on me be accused of that so I started this one so it could be finished without disrupting the other thread further. And I wasn't trying to "veil" it in anything. The "I apologize" part was because I truly didn't see that part of her post way back in the beginning of this. But if you want to think I'm being deliberatedly unkind, then you are entitled to your opinion.

If that is what you think why not just let the thread speak for it self. It's all there for everyone to read...just sayin'

If that is what you think why not just let the thread speak for it self. It's all there for everyone to read...just sayin'

Maybe you're right. I just didn't want the last thing said about me to be me calling her a liar. Because I didn't. But I also didn't want to continue to hijack the thread after we were asked not to. So I started a new thread.

Actually, I didn't really read this as "deliberately unkind." She called a spade a spade and wanted to address inconsistencies she's seen and been told. It's hard on here to have an open conversation without everyone's "armor" getting a little tarnished. Just let it happen. They're both grown, sensible women.

Let what happen? It's all there on the original thread...people will see it for what it is. Everyone on here can read. If I were Missy I would not respond to this thread. I really do read this as unkind. You don't and that is ok...everyone who is actually interested can go back and take what they need to know, without it turning into ugly name calling. Agreeing to disagree is an honorable way to let it go.

you really felt the need to create a thread about this? seriously my 8th grade over dramatic sister is more mature then this and would know not to do this. If you had a problem with ms teal message her dont create a thread. Can we get this locked?

Back