Icu Coed Partner Stunt Score Sheet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 18, 2011
http://www.cheerunion.org/aspnet_cl...ad/documents/WCC/ICU_Scoresheet_WCC-Stunt.pdf

There is a few things I don't understand.

What do they mean by "..and the ability to perform stunts in the routine." under difficulty? "Ability to perform stunts" sounds like execution, but I assume they refer to difficulty in that sentence?

I also wonder what they mean with this: "(Difficulty based on progressions)", also under difficulty?

I'm trying to figure out what the judges want to see, but it's not so easy when English is not my first language... It feels like I might miss things that is obvious to you..

Different score sheets benefit different type of routines, what kind of routine do you think would score high with this score sheet? What kind of stunts, transitions etc. The most difficult stunts, a fun routine or just a rock solid routine?

Just because it's fun to get someone else's opinion :)

Hey, the only thing I can help you with is the ˝Difficulty based on progressions˝. What they mean by that is they want to see the routine getting harder towards the end. The closer you are to the end of the routine the more difficult the stunts should be.
If you pack the hard stunts in the beginning and leave the easy stunts for the end it will take your score down :)
And also it is hard to get the right balance between the difficulty and the execution. You just got to figure out which is more important to you- but it definitively goes hand in had- you can't win if you don't have both :)

I know nothing about the score sheets, but it may help to look back at the ICU partner stunt winners for the past few seasons and note trends.

The way I read and understand the score sheet is as follows:

A.1.) Execution - that's pretty self-explanatory. They're looking for clean hitting stunts, not wobbles etc.

A.2.) Difficulty - also pretty self-explanatory...
The judges will be looking for a routine that basically is one continuous "stunt" so to speak. They want to see minimal dismounts (e.g. the flyer should touch the ground as little as possible through transitions etc.)
"and the ability to perform stunts in the routine" - If I read this correctly, this is referring to the ability to perform the difficult stunts you decide to perform; e.g. if you decide to throw a full twisting rewind, you should be able to do so (if it wobbles or doesn't hit then it negatively effects this score etc.)

A.3.) Form and Appearance of Stunts - this is technique mostly, but also has to do with execution.
The guy in the partner stunt should have good technique (be able to toss to extension without having to "push" the flyer to the top... judges don't want to see bobbles etc. Also, the flyer's execution is important here - they want to see a nice straight stretch, a scorpion that's pulled high, tight legs etc. during extensions etc. etc. etc.

Back