All-Star Idea: Multi Location Gyms Must Have Different Colors At Each Gym Location

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What would be the reason for this rule? It seems kind of pointless and overreaching. I will retract that statement if someone explains the reasoning behind it.

If you're trying to prevent crossovers between locations, it won't work - parents will just buy more uniforms. If you're trying to distinguish between "gyms" by forcing different color schemes (which, why? Why would a rule-making body have any interest in this?), you're going to run into problems with how the rules are enforced. What constitutes "distinctive"? Is silver different enough from gray? From platinum? (this location is silver/black/white, this one is gray/white/black, this one is black/white/platinum) Can you not have any similar colors? So, once one location uses black or white, the rest are out of luck for those and have to use, I don't know, khaki as a neutral?

I guess I'm just sincerely wondering what the point of this suggestion is, because you must have a reason for suggesting it, @King

I am seeing what the initial reaction is first. I have a purpose but wanted to see what people would think first.

I am seeing what the initial reaction is first. I have a purpose but wanted to see what people would think first.
Well, I think there would have to be a reason for it. Without a reason, why would there be a rule?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The first question I ask is if a gym is found to do something illegal, do you punish each location? What if the locations are all owned by the same owner?

Second is if a gym wins a bid for a J2 to the summit.... and they decide to send another location's J2 because they are better is there anything to stop them from doing it?

I belong to a gym that has multiple locations across states. I like that although our uniforms are all slightly different we have the same logos and same color scheme.

The first question I ask is if a gym is found to do something illegal, do you punish each location? What if the locations are all owned by the same owner?

Second is if a gym wins a bid for a J2 to the summit.... and they decide to send another location's J2 because they are better is there anything to stop them from doing it?

If the locations are owned by the same owner it would make sense to punish the gym in question--- this would also depend on the scenario as I can't think of many times where a whole gym has been punished. I would need a real scenario to determine if the gym colors would factor in.

There is nothing right now from stopping teams from changing out the kids on a summit team (except in the case of crossovers to worlds). I don't think different gym uniform colors would solve this.

If the locations are owned by the same owner it would make sense to punish the gym in question--- this would also depend on the scenario as I can't think of many times where a whole gym has been punished. I would need a real scenario to determine if the gym colors would factor in.

There is nothing right now from stopping teams from changing out the kids on a summit team (except in the case of crossovers to worlds). I don't think different gym uniform colors would solve this.

Gym colors are the start of how do you define a location. What makes one location unique to another?

I think the rule would more have to be that you need to use the same set of kids, give or take maybe 4/5 that won the bid to go to the Summit. (I think there is a rule kind of like this in place?).

The gym that had the team that did something illegal should be punished. Others are exempt.

In your second scenerio, that is something The Summit should address and fix, if that's allowed.

Gym colors are the start of how do you define a location. What makes one location unique to another?

The name would.
It should be changed so its written on scoresheets and made aware to all judges/EPs exactly what location the certain team is from.

The name would.
It should be changed so its written on scoresheets and made aware to all judges/EPs exactly what location the certain team is from.

Wouldn't a separate color palate allow that to be done quickly and efficiently? There would be no confusion if two teams from the same brand but different locations are right next to each other. The same logo could be present showing that it is from the same brand but no one would confuse who was from where.

That would be assuming the satellite gyms are as good as the main one. Do you think when a gym puts a new logo on the top that you recognize it is instantly better? Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.

Third reply in a row, woops.
But the above point has changed my tune a little already. I think as soon as you hear a team is from a certain gym you assume they are of a certain level. It can be a good thing or a bad thing (judged harsher because they 'expected' you to be better)

Wouldn't a separate color palate allow that to be done quickly and efficiently? There would be no confusion if two teams from the same brand but different locations are right next to each other. The same logo could be present showing that it is from the same brand but no one would confuse who was from where.

This is NOT a rhetorical question - what are some reasons why it would matter if different locations are differentiated from each other?

Third reply in a row, woops.
But the above point has changed my tune a little already. I think as soon as you hear a team is from a certain gym you assume they are of a certain level. It can be a good thing or a bad thing (judged harsher because they 'expected' you to be better)

Would separate color palletes make it more 'ok' for two J2 teams from the same brand BUT different locations compete against each other?

This is NOT a rhetorical question - what are some reasons why it would matter if different locations are differentiated from each other?

Gyms are starting to follow the same trend as competitions for one. There is going to be mega mega gyms with multi-locations and small niche gyms. The issue with mega gyms is finding people to compete against. Separate color pallets between locations allow inner brand competition.

As well as rules and sanctions filed against locations or against brands. Did a location do something wrong or did a brand? That is a huge difference.

Back