All-Star If You Were A Coach...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Having been a coach, I can tell you the hardest teams to coach are the youngest. Yes, seniors have attitudes and their own difficulties, but the youngsters are hard. Especially at the lower levels. Trying to teach new skills with very little attention spans is HARD!!! With Seniors, generally speaking, basics are usually already known (except for lower levels). The little ones have 5 billion questions (which usually have absolutely nothing to do with what you're practicing), have trouble not fidgeting, and have boundless energy (sometimes a positive, sometimes a negative). Though, I will say, I love the little ones because they are willing to work hard and absolutely idolize the older girls. It's adorable.

Definatly Seniors. Level really doesnt matter. But I just dont work well with kids. I never really have liked them as terrible as that sounds...

Youth 3-4 team!
at this age they're just so in love with it and want to impress the coaches and they have the hardest working attitudes!
And the level 3-4 because generally i find a lot of youth 1-2 kids still act like the minis aha..
i love helping with the youth teams at my gym and they celebrate when they get to go full out!

mini level 1 large
youth 3 small
youth 4 small
junior 1 large
junior 2 small
junior 4 small
junior 5 small
senior 4 large coed
senior 5 large all girl
senior 5 large coed

I have not had the pleasure to coach all of these levels, but I think those levels would be so much fun to make routines for!

This is the EASIEST question of them all... Coed Level 6. At that level as a coach, you only have to deal with the attitudes of the athletes, not the parents, as the parents at that age aren't involved!!

Truth is, you couldn't pay me enough to be a cheer coach... and that's meant as a big "props" to all the cheer coaches out there, because there are just way to many dadgum crazy parents out there... I really don't know how you coaches do it!!

Back