High School Ihsa Cheer State 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And because they compete state, they can't go to other competitions outside of state because it's after the season technically ends. Like NHSCC, they can't go to that, because they are considered a "sport." The teams that do go aren't considered sports. (am I right @MHSCheercoach? I thought that was how it worked) either way, I know they can only compete one or the other
ETA: already discussed, my bad

Right...those who do all star cheer aren't suppose to do IHSA or ICCA cheer.

I was talking about high school teams competing state and not being able to do National stuff like NHSCC because they'd be practicing after the season "legally" ended

That too! Season ends after IHSA state so no other competitions are allowed...then you have the number of competitions allowed to compete in as well.

That too! Season ends after IHSA state so no other competitions are allowed...then you have the number of competitions allowed to compete in as well.
That's what I thought, I just wasn't exactly sure. I hadn't even heard of the certain number of competitions rule!

That's what I thought, I just wasn't exactly sure. I hadn't even heard of the certain number of competitions rule!

Yeah, IHSA limits the number of competitions you can compete in within a season. Really limits teams to ICCA regionals, ICCA state, IHSA Sectionals, and IHSA state. You might get to throw in an extra one here and there but depends on if you compete both systems or just one.

Still shocked Marist didn't advance either! They had one of my favorite routines this season, so much talent on that team!!

Still shocked Marist didn't advance either! They had one of my favorite routines this season, so much talent on that team!!

Im friends with their coach. He said he was scoring 9.4s all season in everything and then at sections everything was magically AN 8.3. He said it sounded like PC was in the same boat.

IHSA needs some consistency...I remembered hearing about how a local (45 minutes away at least is local bc central Illinois) dance team placed 3rd at IHSA state, so I looked it up and IDTA state has yet to happen. I don't know what the difference is...any insight?

So could they circumvent the rule by not going to state?
Yes, but I don't believe they could be considered a "sport." Illinois is complicated. Obviously, to some teams it wouldn't matter, but the school's insurance might not cover unless you're considered a sport by the IHSA. Or I could be completely wrong. Again, @MHSCheercoach would probably know more

IHSA needs some consistency...I remembered hearing about how a local (45 minutes away at least is local bc central Illinois) dance team placed 3rd at IHSA state, so I looked it up and IDTA state has yet to happen. I don't know what the difference is...any insight?

IHSA Dance State and IDTA (Illinois Drill Team Association) State are two completely different circuits. IDTA was in place before dance was recognized as a sport by the IHSA. Dance has only been considered a sport for 3 years now. There are many differences between the way the 2 organizations operate.

IHSA Dance State and IDTA (Illinois Drill Team Association) State are two completely different circuits. IDTA was in place before dance was recognized as a sport by the IHSA. Dance has only been considered a sport for 3 years now. There are many differences between the way the 2 organizations operate.
I know that. But the cheer rules state that nothing can happen after IHSA state, so ICCA state has to happen before IHSA state. Why doesn't IDTA have to happen before IHSA is what I'm asking

Back