High School Ihsa Cheer State 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know that. But the cheer rules state that nothing can happen after IHSA state, so ICCA state has to happen before IHSA state. Why doesn't IDTA have to happen before IHSA is what I'm asking

Current IHSA rules state that the competitive cheer season ends February 7th. Competitive Dance season ends April 4th. So, dance teams can keep competing until April allowing them to compete at IDTA. It's strange but my guess is that IHSA will end up changing the season end date for dance at some point, leading IDTA to have to restructure their circuit.

Current IHSA rules state that the competitive cheer season ends February 7th. Competitive Dance season ends April 4th. So, dance teams can keep competing until April allowing them to compete at IDTA. It's strange but my guess is that IHSA will end up changing the season end date for dance at some point, leading IDTA to have to restructure their circuit.

That's what I'm saying. They aren't consistent
Cheer end date-2/7/15
IHSA cheer finals-2/7/15
Dance end date-4/4/15
IHSA dance finals-1/31/15

Doesn't North Carolina have similar rules to Illinois and Georgia? I didn't think they could compete outside of their state, but we've gone against NC teams at Cheersport Nationals and UCA nationals before.

^^^I know. So many of these teams would make NCA or UCA HS nationals VERY interesting.

Example: There was a team at NCA a few weeks back that for whatever reason, had never competed nationally (Dracut HS out of NJ.) Came in and won not only the division (which has been dominated by the same 2-3 teams from TX and OK for a few years) but Grand Champions.

These teams are all totally capable of really shaking up a major high school national.
Dracut is actually from Massachusetts, not NJ, not that it is relevant to this thread though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as and IHSA coach of a small varsity squad, I have wondered if it would be legal for me to take my squad to NCA open nationals to do to a time out cheer and or school song, open nationals are in the middle of January....anyone have the answer to this??

as and IHSA coach of a small varsity squad, I have wondered if it would be legal for me to take my squad to NCA open nationals to do to a time out cheer and or school song, open nationals are in the middle of January....anyone have the answer to this??

Absolutely legal. If you look up the performance order/results from this year there were other IL teams there.

Just to complete out the results...for 2014/2015

small varsity...1. Breese (Central) 2. Taylor Ridge (Rockridge) 3. Sesser (S. - Valier)
Med Varsity...1. Hampshire 2. Columbia 3. Lincoln Way West
Large Varsity 1. Lincoln Way East 2. Lockport 3. Neuqua Valley
CoEd Varsity...1. Buffalo Grove 2. Conant 3. Palos Heights (Stagg)

SO to Yorkville - I thought they were great.

Im friends with their coach. He said he was scoring 9.4s all season in everything and then at sections everything was magically AN 8.3. He said it sounded like PC was in the same boat.

Just saw this response now, sorry! I guess it's a little late since state is over but that really is a shame I wonder why that is. Providence always brings such strong clean routines too! Can't wait until next season!

Back