All-Star Illegal Elements (just To Raise Awareness)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Let me put it another way: My teams and gym would benefit highly from all those illegal elements being performed at Battle. They will have worlds legality judges. There is no good way to win a bid if you get a large legality deduction. Then day 2 your kids are probably frazzled and pissed off or depressed. So being that competitive it would be smarter for me to just delete all threads talking about illegal elements performed by the competition. (Or at Worlds when I warned everyone about the music not needing to be over 30 seconds). But it doesn't help the sport.

Would it be legal if the guy grabbed....say, her arm, and the girl still toe pitched her and she flipped all the way on to her stomach? Probably not, right? Since release moves can't land prone.

Release moves CAN land in prone this year. Rules changed. Just sayin!

One correction I want to make sure I say: Level 6 CAN land inverted from above prep level this year. I had not looked at the new rules as I don't have a level 6 anymore. Last year that was illegal this year it is legal.

...Could it merely have been a performance error? That maybe she was supposed to land on her back and not the way she did?

...Could it merely have been a performance error? That maybe she was supposed to land on her back and not the way she did?

The definition of inverted before the glossary went away was your hips above your head with at least one foot above your hips. As much as we would like to double jump like Mario or hurricane kick like Ryu your body does not have the ability to change direction mid air without something to push off of (physics). That's why you don't see people do back flip front flip skills in mid air. It is not physically possible. You can continue through a motion, but her legs out was meant to stall her out to land inverted. Now, I am a personal fan of the skill and like it and it was performed rather well actually. But legality wise, its not.

Are there any other elements/teams that have illegal elements that we could help bring others to be aware of?

The definition of inverted before the glossary went away was your hips above your head with at least one foot above your hips. As much as we would like to double jump like Mario or hurricane kick like Ryu your body does not have the ability to change direction mid air without something to push off of (physics). That's why you don't see people do back flip front flip skills in mid air. It is not physically possible. You can continue through a motion, but her legs out was meant to stall her out to land inverted. Now, I am a personal fan of the skill and like it and it was performed rather well actually. But legality wise, its not.
Could this transition be modified very easily to be legal? As in- maybe she just lands on her back instead of the shoulders-ish way she is now? Also- I disagree with safety rules being 'black and white'..HELLO Gymtyme last year and TG every-other year? Both have tickled the grey area line of rule legalities. Isn't that why we can now do assisted cartwheels and land in prone?

Also- I looked back at the showcase video, just to see, and this SAME transition was in there. I believe Coed Elite has competed. I take it nobody's caught it beforehand, seeing as I don't remember it being discussed in the showcase thread OR in any comp threads? I also take it this X-evolution thing was meant to catch this very thing seeing as there were Worlds-caliber judges there who should, hypothetically, know these things?

Could this transition be modified very easily to be legal? As in- maybe she just lands on her back instead of the shoulders-ish way she is now? Also- I disagree with safety rules being 'black and white'..HELLO Gymtyme last year and TG every-other year? Both have tickled the grey area line of rule legalities. Isn't that why we can now do assisted cartwheels and land in prone?

Also- I looked back at the showcase video, just to see, and this SAME transition was in there. I believe Coed Elite has competed. I take it nobody's caught it beforehand, seeing as I don't remember it being discussed in the showcase thread OR in any comp threads? I also take it this X-evolution thing was meant to catch this very thing seeing as there were Worlds-caliber judges there who should, hypothetically, know these things?

If the athlete finished non inverted. Technically if she fell in a pike with her butt up and feet next to her head she could land like that.

Just because it was not called anywhere already does not mean it will not be called later.

So if she landed on her stomach, back, it would be ok? I know the rule is no downward traveling inversions. Well in those cases, she would still be traveling downward, just not landing downward.

So if she landed on her stomach, back, it would be ok? I know the rule is no downward traveling inversions. Well in those cases, she would still be traveling downward, just not landing downward.

If her motion was continuous and then she landed not inverted (which would have to be kinda like a fish highly arched position) it would be ok. Basically both feet have to be below her hips OR her hips have to be below her head.

Keep_Calm_meme__SWAC_by_SonamyChao.jpg

You do know this was an event for only Cheer Extreme right? X-Evolution...our own awesome, individual, and unique event :)

Is your gym part of the USASF?

If the athlete finished non inverted. Technically if she fell in a pike with her butt up and feet next to her head she could land like that.

Just because it was not called anywhere already does not mean it will not be called later.

Likewise, just because a coach is called on something, doesn't mean they necessarily choose to actually listen tot the safety judge and change it.

Back