I'm Going For It !!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

there's so much drama with all the gyms and owners around me. i'm going to do my best to keep out of it and protect my kids.
?? I guess I am confused. Your original post said that you were opening a gym this summer. Which kids are you referring to?
Just to add some advice, I noticed somewhere else you mentioned something about transportation issues (may have been another thread). If you are having trouble getting yourself where you need to be, I feel it is going to be very difficult to be able to run a gym successfully. I caution you that it is very difficult to run a business by yourself, and almost impossible if you do not have a minimum of 3 months working capital to get started. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but unfortunately you need money too. It may be wise to work at a gym to gain more experience and certifications, and another job to save some money for a while prior to going off on your own!

?? I guess I am confused. Your original post said that you were opening a gym this summer. Which kids are you referring to?
Just to add some advice, I noticed somewhere else you mentioned something about transportation issues (may have been another thread). If you are having trouble getting yourself where you need to be, I feel it is going to be very difficult to be able to run a gym successfully. I caution you that it is very difficult to run a business by yourself, and almost impossible if you do not have a minimum of 3 months working capital to get started. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but unfortunately you need money too. It may be wise to work at a gym to gain more experience and certifications, and another job to save some money for a while prior to going off on your own!

by kids i mean once i have kids in my program. Yes i had transportation issues before i got my license i didn't have any support from mom and my dad didn't really care . I'm not opening a gym i'm opening a program that maybe someday it will be a gym. I have money to start the program and help out kids who can't pay for it i have 3 incomes already and coaching experience. the coaching comes easy to me because i love it. if you don't have any experience on running a gym or program don't try to act like you do. Here's where i'm putting my foot down before any others cheer moms make comments like this i'm not having it

by kids i mean once i have kids in my program. Yes i had transportation issues before i got my license i didn't have any support from mom and my dad didn't really care . I'm not opening a gym i'm opening a program that maybe someday it will be a gym. I have money to start the program and help out kids who can't pay for it i have 3 incomes already and coaching experience. the coaching comes easy to me because i love it. if you don't have any experience on running a gym or program don't try to act like you do. Here's where i'm putting my foot down before any others cheer moms make comments like this i'm not having it
Woah! Where's the anger coming from? You have to understand that many cheer parents are business people and are trying to give advice to make sure you have the chance to succeed. Sorry if you aren't getting the advice you're looking for, but people are just giving solid situations to consider.

You may want to read your original post......
Yes, I am just one of those stupid cheer moms. You are 100% correct - I have zero experience running a gym or program. You are free to completely ignore the fact that I have a degree in Finance and have worked for both major corporations and start up businesses for 25 years and have seen far more fail than succeed. Also ignore the fact that I have been a small business owner. You ASKED for advice. I was simply trying to give you some, because I actually hate to see any type of business fail.
In addition to actually having some working capital to be able to support yourself and operate your PROGRAM, I recommend taking a class or a workshop relating to customer service.
Best of luck to you.

@sojorge123
You said this a little while ago in another thread you started like this
a076408058f140572af06d9001ee5d8a.jpg

So it looks like you already got the contracts and insurance stuff under control!! I'm surprised you haven't started already!

Woah! Where's the anger coming from? You have to understand that many cheer parents are business people and are trying to give advice to make sure you have the chance to succeed. Sorry if you aren't getting the advice you're looking for, but people are just giving solid situations to consider.

theanger
You may want to read your original post......
Yes, I am just one of those stupid cheer moms. You are 100% correct - I have zero experience running a gym or program. You are free to completely ignore the fact that I have a degree in Finance and have worked for both major corporations and start up businesses for 25 years and have seen far more fail than succeed. Also ignore the fact that I have been a small business owner. You ASKED for advice. I was simply trying to give you some, because I actually hate to see any type of business fail.
In addition to actually having some working capital to be able to support yourself and operate your PROGRAM, I recommend taking a class or a workshop relating to customer service.
Best of luck to you.

i never call you a stupid cheer mom and i'm sorry if you felt like I. yes running a business is a big risk at my way of life but i have the money the time and the love for this sport that give me so much even a reason to keep going. I'm doing my research way did a gym close i'm asking the owners and coaches. i took all the advice from last time and ran with it. i save money for it i started to coach more. when you stated pointing out things out about me without really doing your research or taking a second look that made me mad

@sojorge123

So it looks like you already got the contracts and insurance stuff under control!! I'm surprised you haven't started already!

i thought i did . yes i had a insurance company to work with and draft a control but i didn't find out after i give up that the insurance company i was going to work wasn't going to cover me as a business and because of that the contracts didn't have any support. yes that was my mistake there. i had a layer not right type of layer and all the coaches i had with me which was like three of my friends who are more cheer experience then went to different gyms and programs. this time i'm fighting it for it you can bring up every thing from my past mistakes but it's only going to make me GO FOR IT EVEN MORE

Last edited:
certification what do i need. I know I have to take a test with usasf but that's all I know that I have to take a test. Do I have to if i'm going to coach level ones teams? and what about my stuff what do they need?
@sojorge123

Kris10boo, only quoting you for the picture

Jorge, I am confused. In this current post you asked about getting certification but in the post from over the summer you say you have your certifications. Are you talking about the same ones or different ones?

**Aaaaaaand what little troll told you that rumor?**

Kris10boo, only quoting you for the picture

Jorge, I am confused. In this current post you asked about getting certification but in the post from over the summer you say you have your certifications. Are you talking about the same ones or different ones?

I'm First Aid/CPR certified
aacca certified
i did all of my hours to take the usasf to get certified up to level 3 ( i put this off so i can get certified at level 5 when i take the test for the first time but no luck there so i'm taking the test sooner then i thought now because it )
i was asking about getting fully certified as both a coach and owner there's more certifications that i need now that i know i'm very thankful for that i was going to be certified as a coach but not a owner

I'm First Aid/CPR certified
aacca certified
i did all of my hours to take the usasf to get certified up to level 3 ( i put this off so i can get certified at level 5 when i take the test for the first time but no luck there so i'm taking the test sooner then i thought now because it )
i was asking about getting fully certified as both a coach and owner there's more certifications that i need now that i know i'm very thankful for that i was going to be certified as a coach but not a owner
Thanks for clarifying.

Another thing to think about:

How are the future parents of your program going to feel about it once they read this, because make no mistake someone from your program WILL see it, and WILL share it with the other parents. Is this how you want to present yourself to potential customers??

Back