I'm New!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 27, 2014
Hi! I'm new to the cheer world and the board, I recently made 2 senior level 5 worlds teams and am having a hard time deciding! Is there anywhere I can view rankings of some sort? I am in Austin, what's the best all star cheer team in this area?

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place... I can only post here and I need to decide soon, I appreciate any help.
Thank you

Hi! I'm new to the cheer world and the board, I recently made 2 senior level 5 worlds teams and am having a hard time deciding! Is there anywhere I can view rankings of some sort? I am in Austin, what's the best all star cheer team in this area?

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place... I can only post here and I need to decide soon, I appreciate any help.
Thank you
So cheer athletics onyx cats and what's the other one? I didn't know there were anymore in austin.
The only one in SA is stars which is not that close to austin but we have plenty of austin people making the drive.

ETA: does acf have one this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions:

Are you a former gymnast of some sort? Otherwise, it is pretty rare for someone to come straight into cheer and make 2 Worlds teams.

Also, you say you made 2 Worlds teams and need to decide between those 2. But then you ask what the best Austin area gyms are? That's confusing to me because if you already made 2 teams, why do you need to know about any other gyms?

As far as choosing between 2 teams, that's a personal decision. I've seen kids in the more public sphere go from a gold medal Worlds team to a non-medaling Worlds team the next season, so rankings and medals are not always the deciding factor.

You need to consider:

Travel
Cost
Coaching styles
Teammate relationships
Team type/style (i.e. a large coed is very different from a medium all girl.)

In all, it really is a personal decision not to be made by consulting the internet. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
^^^^Right?! I know the occasional team will send out an "XYZ is looking for 2 bases with strong tumbling for our IAG 5!"email or tweet in September-ish if they had some kids quit or they just REALLY need someone. But generally not a full-fledged tryout.

682f671821fedd159b3b09646aa392ba.jpg

I don't feel comfortable giving too much personal information online hence the question about the best gyms in the Austin area. If I could find that information then I could see where the two gyms are.

Last edited:
Back