OT I'm Putting This In This Section Because I Don't See An All Star Dance Section

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
44563f719da7c6428ba674096021f63b.jpg

I would consider myself a cheer/dance mom and from what I've read so far it doesn't sound to me like anybody's bashing dance!
I agree with USASF not doing dance and I have a child doing All-Star dance at the same gym that CP cheers at.
So if you have a child doing all star dance, why would you be willing to take that away from her?

Wait how does people disagreeing with you have anything to do with cheer being a sport? :confused:
What I mean is, Cheerleaders are supposed to be "leaders" they're supposed to be supporters. Its not all about competition. You don't have to like dance, but you ( generally speaking), shouldn't down dance especially if you don't like it when people do it to your sport.

What I mean is, Cheerleaders are supposed to be "leaders" they're supposed to be supporters. Its not all about competition. You don't have to like dance, but you ( generally speaking), shouldn't down dance especially if you don't like it when people do it to your sport.
so disagreeing with you is "downing" (whatever that means) dance?.... and because cheerleaders may not support something cheer should no longer be a sport? I fail to see the connection.

I'm truly not trying to be rude. Its just why talk so poorly about dance. Then get upset when people, especially non-cheer people basically say the same thing about Cheer? this is why people think Cheer isn't a sport. Look at how we're ALL ACTING. OVER ONE POST I MADE ABOUT AN OPINION I DIDN'T AGREE WITH?
omg. Who is talking poorly about dance/ers. People are just saying some people in THE DW wouldn't care much if it was gone since there are OTHER competition out there. That doesn't mean that the are downing dance.

I'm truly not trying to be rude. Its just why talk so poorly about dance. Then get upset when people, especially non-cheer people basically say the same thing about Cheer? this is why people think Cheer isn't a sport. Look at how we're ALL ACTING. OVER ONE POST I MADE ABOUT AN OPINION I DIDN'T AGREE WITH?
Please show me instances from this thread or the other one where people have talked badly about dance. If you don't want to call people out, PM them to me. No one here has said anything discounting dance. You should be able to tell that most of us are fans of dance by how much we love to talk about Dance Moms/SYTYCD/DWTS in the random section (because that's the appropriate place for non-cheer discussion). It's super hard to make it in dance and we know that.

What some people have said is that dance should be separate from cheer. Volleyball is separate from tennis. They both use balls and nets so they're the same right? Just because something is similar doesn't mean it should have the same governing body. We don't want dance to go away, we don't want dance to be seen as less than cheer. We want them both to be recognized as separate entities. That's all that was meant when people said they don't like that usasf is governing dance and cheer. Pick one and make it great rather than making them both mediocre.

So if you have a child doing all star dance, why would you be willing to take that away from her?

I personally don't think Dance Worlds is the OLYMPICS OF DANCE! As a competitive cheerleader your goal/dream is to make it to Worlds. As a dancer you have more opportunities to branch out to different more prestigious avenue's involving dance.

I'm picturing a couple of teens/early 20 somethings sitting behind a computer screen, coming up with crap to type, and laughing their *sses off.

I don't know why...

PS Joan Rivers just past away. :(

Have you guys heard of energizers dance team? They're a USASF dance team and only for USASF and they have no gym affiliation from my experience.

I also spoke with an regional director, she said there are plenty of studios that compete that are not gym related. Would like to talk to her about that? Cause I checked, an USASF dance employee was a reputable source to ask questions like this.

You guys think the world should revolve around cheer and it isn't. Don't say you don't, cause many of you shimmied and or directly said, USASF should get rid of dance all together and focus on cheer.

The world of Fiercboard does revolve around cheer and not dance :)

so disagreeing with you is "downing" (whatever that means) dance?.... and because cheerleaders may not support something cheer should no longer be a sport? I fail to see the connection.
You're just not understanding. We should always be supportive of each other. If you're not
I personally don't think Dance Worlds is the OLYMPICS OF DANCE! As a competitive cheerleader your goal/dream is to make it to Worlds. As a dancer you have more opportunities to branch out to different more prestigious avenue's involving dance.
I understand, but then again, some dancers don't have opportunities or wouldn't have the opportunities they've had/will have without USASF. There is a huge difference. Don't think it should be excluded.

Back