I'm Struggling Deciding On What To Do

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You've asked for a meeting and they've refused? Who refused? The head coach or all of the parents? Really, it sounds like the head coach needs to take the lead and help diffuse the situation. Good luck.
Thank you! the parents refuse to do it.

I actually just got off the phone with the head coach, and our practice on the 27th will be a meeting with the director, my self, and the parents. That's the only way it will be successful. Otherwise they will ignore so we have to sneak it in this way. Hopefully all goes well.

It sounds like you have some impressive dance experience. I have heard of dance studios adding a cheer program after they are successful. Have you thought about opening a dance studio. Then once it is established adding cheer to your program.
I am proud of my dance experience if there is a way to post my resume up here I will be doing that soon :)

I have no wishes to open a studio right now. Its one thing to have a love for teaching, and another to run a business. That's easier said then done :)

Unfortunately, a lot of studios in my area are Ballet focused, and are feeder schools to professional companies so that's not going to happen with them :(

"Its one thing to have a love for teaching, and another to run a business."

That is true.

I am proud of my dance experience if there is a way to post my resume up here I will be doing that soon :)

I have no wishes to open a studio right now. Its one thing to have a love for teaching, and another to run a business. That's easier said then done :)

Unfortunately, a lot of studios in my area are Ballet focused, and are feeder schools to professional companies so that's not going to happen with them :(

There are a lot of Allstar gyms that also have dance teams. If there is one in you area maybe you could volunteer on the dance side and as payment for your work there get them to teach you the allstar side. I know many gyms out there could really use choreography help on the dances in the cheer routines.

How long have you worked with these kids? Have you had involvement with any of these families in any way before? Through her time in cheer CP has had many young inexperienced assistant coaches/volunteers and we've never had an issue. Like you said...you have to start somewhere. That one Mom seems over the top ...looking for anything to complain about...like the type who would call you a bully for mentioning what you ate for breakfast.

@dance_extreme_94, I read through your post with much interest and I agree with @Miss Congeniality... If you are having a problem with 1 mom, chalk it up to this person just being an A$$, but it is more than 10 than I will be scratching my head and trying to figure out what I am doing to rub these moms wrong...
But if it is only 1, Often time, this 1 mom might think she is helping out a friend, who you may have replaced and this mom might be holding a grudge against you. I worked with new teachers and this happen often with irrational parents and I will tell the young teacher to continue working hard and win over the masses with your talents. Often enough, a situation like this can other beat you up, if you allow it or 'This too will PASS!

Perhaps the parents who aren't treating you well don't like your choreography and feel like you've been misleading WRT your dance credentials? If you've given them no reason to think their children are in danger, then I'd have to suspect that for some reason they aren't happy with the quality of the instruction they're receiving.

They're catty towards me. when it is my time start teaching Choreography I get eye rolls from parents, and one parent even cursed me out before saying she didn't want me working with her kid because of my lack of cheer experience however as before, I''m not the one teaching the dangerous portion of cheer the head coach is. I'm sticking with what I know, and just Choreographing dance routines for them, and I get a snarky comment every time then that same parent stirs the pot with other moms. Over dance routines. My dance routines are very age appropriate as well so I know that's not the issue (just thought I'd put that in there)
That is just awful. Crazy how grown adults can be so catty and petty.

I had a friend who was an assistant coach for a rec team, but not AYC. She had experience as a cheerleader, but was just learning how to be a coach (there is a difference!). There was one mom who was really nasty and rude to her, like is happening to you. This was in a very small town so that crazy mom was able to get a few of the other moms to start being rude to my friend. After a few incidents the head coach finally had a meeting with the mom who was the instigator of the whole thing. I kid you not - the whole reason she didn't like my friend and started being rude to her was because my friend reminded her of her brother's ex-fiancé who broke her brother's heart! The whole thing reminded me of high school! Big sister getting herself all worked up over her little brother's love life! In the end the mom settled down a bit and didn't come back the next season.

Some people are just crazy and there is nothing you can do to help them. Other people just live for drama and thrive on causing it and manipulating people with it.

I hope your meeting went well and you felt supported by your head coach.

I had a friend who was an assistant coach for a rec team, but not AYC. She had experience as a cheerleader, but was just learning how to be a coach (there is a difference!). There was one mom who was really nasty and rude to her, like is happening to you. This was in a very small town so that crazy mom was able to get a few of the other moms to start being rude to my friend. After a few incidents the head coach finally had a meeting with the mom who was the instigator of the whole thing. I kid you not - the whole reason she didn't like my friend and started being rude to her was because my friend reminded her of her brother's ex-fiancé who broke her brother's heart! The whole thing reminded me of high school! Big sister getting herself all worked up over her little brother's love life! In the end the mom settled down a bit and didn't come back the next season.

Some people are just crazy and there is nothing you can do to help them. Other people just live for drama and thrive on causing it and manipulating people with it.

I hope your meeting went well and you felt supported by your head coach.
Thank you and It did go well we talked about our differences and things have been good every since. I just hope this is not an act from her.

Glad it is getting better. Just remember we (moms) are very protective of our kids, worry, stress, sacrifice, lose sleep, would do anything for our children, etc. We makes mistakes, but most of it comes from a place of love and good intentions.

Glad it is getting better. Just remember we (moms) are very protective of our kids, worry, stress, sacrifice, lose sleep, would do anything for our children, etc. We makes mistakes, but most of it comes from a place of love and good intentions.
I understand and thank you for your concern. Its just in the future, I don't want to be lashed out at. I would rather for a parent to come to talk to me personally, and professionally as they can before they make assumptions and behave the way this parent did.

I understand and thank you for your concern. Its just in the future, I don't want to be lashed out at. I would rather for a parent to come to talk to me personally, and professionally as they can before they make assumptions and behave the way this parent did.
Sadly many parents, and people in general, are not rationale in their actions/reactions and how we learn to deal with it is valuable.

**So many signature options I don't know what to do**

Latest posts

Back