All-Star Injury Poll!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What level and how your injury occurred.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My CP had a broken nose: had it surgically repaired and a day later competed. Had an injury to her orbital bone (eye), cleared by x-rays, so wore a protective mask to protect her broken nose while it healed, and had another injury to same orbital bone and got a black eye. All of these injuries were from STUNTING not tumbling and these are the only injuries for her in 12 years of all star cheer. She is a level 5 cheerleader.

I would say what level tumbling skill you are on if injury occurred in tumbling.. I.e. if your on lvl 5 but only have a tuck I think you should say lvl 3 do it doesn't bias the poll and make it seem there are more lvl 5 tumbling injuries

I was a Level 5 athlete and got hurt doing a Toe Touch (just landed wrong) - I broke my tibia.... Should I check Level 1 tumbling?

Choreography camp in Aug. for Jr 5 (summer going into 7th grade) - my daughter broke her left wrist (displaced wrist fracture) warming up baskets - was doing a straight ride. cast 6 weeks. She did compete fully/tumble at first comp in Dec. Small Sr 5 - Two weeks before worlds last year she injured her knee doing a punch front thru to full - didn't make it to the full - MRI showed deep bone bruise but no tears. Did compete at worlds with knee brace. -did not tumble or jump..did base and backspot and dance. Small Sr 5- 2 weeks before NCA this year side basing her flyer came down onto her shoulder -deep muscle bruise. She did not compete at NCA. Was out about 3 weeks - did compete fully at UCA.
She has been in All Stars since age 7 and will be 17 in April - these are her only injuries. She started in gymnastics at age 2 in mommy and me :) and then progressed thru to team until she quit at age 7. She did compete a yr of AAU gymnastics at age 11 also.

My only major injuries were an awkward back handspring (now requires surgery on both wrists), a broken foot from doing a layout on the tumble track and scooping under it, and a hairline fracture (I think that's what it's called) from an arabesque double. She opened her arms, and I guess my face got in the way.
I coached with a girl who threw a full pass of whips down the rod track (she was a power tumbler at the time) ending in a full, and she landed it perfectly, and stepped off the mat, broke multiple bones in her foot, and dislocated her knee. She can't even do a roundoff without multiple braces now.

Dislocated elbow doing a bhs on the tumble track. Minor concussion from a kick double basket where my temple slammed into my base's shoulder. Minor ankle sprains from landing heavily/awkwardly in lvl5/6 coed stunting.

I was a Level 5 cheerleader (stopped competing and started primarily coaching as of this year) and one of my most serious injuries was actually from jumps - completely tore through two of the ligaments in my ankle when by a fluke I landed funnily from a toe-touch. Most of my other injuries were from stunting - haven't been seriously injured from tumbling at all.

My only major injuries were an awkward back handspring (now requires surgery on both wrists), a broken foot from doing a layout on the tumble track and scooping under it, and a hairline fracture (I think that's what it's called) from an arabesque double. She opened her arms, and I guess my face got in the way.
I coached with a girl who threw a full pass of whips down the rod track (she was a power tumbler at the time) ending in a full, and she landed it perfectly, and stepped off the mat, broke multiple bones in her foot, and dislocated her knee. She can't even do a roundoff without multiple braces now.
So she broke multiple bones and dislocated her knee by walking off the mat? USASF should think about banning walking now.

Back