All-Star Internation Level 4 2012-2013

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Have they made this a competitive division for this season yet?
They really should and get rid of level 6!!! that division scares the bejesus out of me!!:eek:

Noooooo :(

Also I think Bravo in MA is having a team as well.

I see the reasoning behind this division and I really hope that it grows in popularity beacsue I've almost fallen out of my chair cursing watching some of the level 6 teams competing in our area.

The only thing I don't see happening is the disappearance of level 6 teams - too many college cheerleaders come back to do level 6 so they can throw the exciting flipping baskets and 3 high pyramids. We are talking about putting together a level 6 team here and I know that a level 4 team would never fly with the people that are coming back to compete on it. I think they'd rather be a crappy level 6 team with bad tumbling than be on a O4 team. Granted, we don't have any competition up here and would be exhibitioning until we went to Nationals in Vegas or Cali and have no plans of going to Worlds.

That's how I feel about level 6. Tumbling is so secondary in level 6, it's not a big deal if you don't have the level 5 tumbling - we're old, we can't throw fulls and doubles anymore (not that I, personally, ever could). I wouldn't mind if all the score sheets minimized tumbling like the Worlds one does. You throw what tumbling you have, but the division is really about the building. You can succeed just fine in that division with level 3 or 4 tumbling and that's fine.

That's how I feel about level 6. Tumbling is so secondary in level 6, it's not a big deal if you don't have the level 5 tumbling - we're old, we can't throw fulls and doubles anymore (not that I, personally, ever could). I wouldn't mind if all the score sheets minimized tumbling like the Worlds one does. You throw what tumbling you have, but the division is really about the building. You can succeed just fine in that division with level 3 or 4 tumbling and that's fine.

Super annoyed when I read comments from the judges saying "add more fulls."
Um, at 41, the oldest guy on our team was not going to throw a full. Youre lucky you got a handspring out of him.

Super annoyed when I read comments from the judges saying "add more fulls."
Um, at 41, the oldest guy on our team was not going to throw a full. Youre lucky you got a handspring out of him.

Seriously. If I could pull people out of my butt who had fulls, I would put them on the team. But most people on open teams aren't getting new tumbling skills. Not with real world and college or jobs and one-day-a-week practice. I'm lucky that my gym even allows open team members to go to open tumbling (though I just go to stunt!)

Can this please be the new Level 6? Level 6 is scary and there are too many divisions anyway, so all Level 6s, please move into Open 4. :)

Can this please be the new Level 6? Level 6 is scary and there are too many divisions anyway, so all Level 6s, please move into Open 4. :)

No. Level 4 is a step backwards for college cheerleaders.

I can tell you right now that there's no way my gym would switch our team to level 4. I think this is a great division to have, and I agree that there are a lot of level 6 teams that would be better off level 4, but I'm really getting sick of people advocating replacing level 6 with this.

No. Level 4 is a step backwards for college cheerleaders.

I can tell you right now that there's no way my gym would switch our team to level 4. I think this is a great division to have, and I agree that there are a lot of level 6 teams that would be better off level 4, but I'm really getting sick of people advocating replacing level 6 with this.
Agreed. We'd rather spend the entire 2:30 stunting a looonnnnggggg level 6 pyramid. I'd like my team to simply be an exhibition team, but I know I'd have some people flipping out. They like the thrill of competing and if you tell them they have to go level 4, they'd probably kill someone.

So you want Gym Tyme and Twist and Shout to take their national champion college athletes and put them on a level 4 team? People already complain that people stack team and drop levels, that would be college athletes who win NCA dropping down to level 4.

Agreed. We'd rather spend the entire 2:30 stunting a looonnnnggggg level 6 pyramid. I'd like my team to simply be an exhibition team, but I know I'd have some people flipping out. They like the thrill of competing and if you tell them they have to go level 4, they'd probably kill someone.

I would rather be the only level 6 team at a competition (and all the other open teams are level 4), than be on a level 4 open team. I don't mean that to come across as "I'm too good to be on a level 4 team," because I'm not, my tumbling is pretty much level 0 and I actually can't do level 4 baskets at all. I never did all-stars until after college, I'm just more comfortable with level 6 and flipping baskets and 2 1/2 high pyramids.

Same here: I stunt level 6 just fine but as I have almost no tumbling taking away the lvl. 6 stunts and pyramids would take away any excitment for me personally.
I started cheer too late in my life to really get the hang of tumbling and as we don't have a gym and practice on some random dead mats the conditions really aren't that good for us as well. Tumbling has just never been a major focus for us due to lack of equipment and trained coaches. We don't want to risk our (college aged and way above) athletes health teaching them janky tumbling.

I'm all for a level 6.4 or stunts-only-and-tumbling-optional division! :D

Back