All-Star International 4?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There are a ton of threads for this already (they barely have posts in them) but the only other team besides Top Gun that I know for sure is having one is Hot Cheer.

I searched but nothing really came up, is Top Guns COED or All Girl....

How do you guys feel about this division?

I feel like it is a great idea. It gives older people that were not blessed with achieving a full or didn't make the i5 team a chance to still perform and hopefully compete when this division becomes legit. I hope that more teams start to do this.

I don't understand the purpose of this level. Isn't open level 6 already for those athletes that don't have the tumbling to be on international?

I don't understand the purpose of this level. Isn't open level 6 already for those athletes that don't have the tumbling to be on international?

Um, no, to say that level 6 is where the people go who aren't good enough to do international level 5 is disrespectful to the division. I, personally, don't have the tumbling to be on an international 5 team (I don't have the tumbling to be on a level 6 team either for that matter), but I would never want to do level 5 anyway. I have a college background, not all-star and prefer to do level 6. I was at a gym that considered making their IOC6 team an IOC5 team and I said I would leave if they chose to do that.

Many gyms treat their level 6 teams like an exhibition open team where they'll take anyone regardless of their skills. But many of those athletes shouldn't be doing level 6 pyramids and baskets, it's unsafe, but they feel like they have to do crappy 2 1/2 high pyramids or unsafe flipping baskets because those are the skills the division require. They also have to compete against legitimate level 6 teams (who are also international, by the way) who are trying to get bids to worlds. Those open teams have no chance of winning ever. But by making an open level 4 division, we can eliminate many of those unsafe open teams and give those athletes a division to compete in that they have the skills for.

Um, no, to say that level 6 is where the people go who aren't good enough to do international level 5 is disrespectful to the division. I, personally, don't have the tumbling to be on an international 5 team (I don't have the tumbling to be on a level 6 team either for that matter), but I would never want to do level 5 anyway. I have a college background, not all-star and prefer to do level 6. I was at a gym that considered making their IOC6 team an IOC5 team and I said I would leave if they chose to do that.

Many gyms treat their level 6 teams like an exhibition open team where they'll take anyone regardless of their skills. But many of those athletes shouldn't be doing level 6 pyramids and baskets, it's unsafe, but they feel like they have to do crappy 2 1/2 high pyramids or unsafe flipping baskets because those are the skills the division require. They also have to compete against legitimate level 6 teams (who are also international, by the way) who are trying to get bids to worlds. Those open teams have no chance of winning ever. But by making an open level 4 division, we can eliminate many of those unsafe open teams and give those athletes a division to compete in that they have the skills for.

Oh and to add to that - I'm 24, I have no interest in cheering with 14 year olds (no offense). Level 6 is 17+. I think open 4 is the same?

Back