All-Star International (not Us) Gym Questionaire

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-Gym name: East Coast Emeralds

-Approx # of athletes: 70-80 ish

-Gym setup (how many floors, if spring, how many panels per floor) at main training area we have 3 panels of dead mat, air track, back handspring trainer, roughly 15 school mats (we train in a school hall) then we train in a gymnastics centre- so full gymnastics equipment, 5 panel sponge/spring floor, track into pit

-About how many gyms in your area (within an hour drive): ur 2 I think?

-Gyms in Country: A fair amount!

-Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees) I don't really know? It varies, it's like £4 an hour I think I don't know?

-Do you have tumbling classes? How much? Nope there's sometimes open gyms where we train but unfortunately no actual tumbling classes

-Country
Germany

-Name of gym
Flames Cheerleading TSV Haar

-Approx # of athletes

We currently have 5 Teams and approx 79 athletes

-Gym setup (how many floors, if spring, how many panels per floor)

We pretty much havevour own Gym/hall we practice in 5 days of the week . Since we are part of a bigger sports club other sports are using the gym too though
We have a full size hard floor and two strips of springfloor and two belt thingys for basket tossses.

-About how many gyms in your area (within an hour drive)

In an hour there are prob about 10-11 ,maybe more

-Gyms in Country

has already been answered by someone else(

-Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees)
The gym fee is 15 a month
Uniform 130-150
Competitions around 400-500 (two bigger travel comps and 2 national ones) Practicewear around 30 Euros
Musik about 15

Do you have tumbling classes? How much?
No, we tumble at Team practice

-Anything else you wish to share. I am learning a lot about international cheer.

-Name of gym: Gymflex
-Approx # of athletes : our gym offers gymnastics, dance, ropeskipping and cheerleading, in total we have around 1200 athletes. cheerleading only started the past season with 26 athletes, but we expect this to grow alot the coming years. we have kids (age 8-12) junior (age 12-16) and senior (15 and older)
-Gym setup (how many floors, if spring, how many panels per floor): we have 8 locations we can use, but share those with other gyms. our club has access to two full spring floors. our senior team has practice on these spring floors, but the junior and kids team use a different location which only has a hard floor with panel foam mats. the club is planning to build another location which will probably host 2 full spring floors.
-About how many gyms in your area (within an hour drive): 4
-Gyms in Country: real cheergyms that compete and practice on stunts and tumbling: 4. there are many smaller teams that mainly do pomdance but try to do an occasional stunt. there might be very small unknown teams i don't know off.
-Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees):
yearly fee for training: kids: 130€ juniors: 180€ en seniors: 230€
uniform (we keep those several years): +/- 120€
competition + travel: unknown yet..
-Do you have tumbling classes? How much? no, our tumbling training is during regular practice. But they can join the gymnastics groups in our club for extra tumbling.
-Anything else you wish to share. I am learning a lot about international cheer. : feel free to ask if you have any further questions
cheerleading only started to develop the past 5 years in our country. therefor there are very little teams and we only have 1 national competition, for all the rest we need to travel to other european countries.
previous i had my own club, but after a break in cheerleading decided to fusion with this club im in now, since it would make it easier to get training spaces. before i often couldnt use the gym at regular hours. i also find we attrack more serious people now looking for a sport instead of a pretty uniform to wear in front of their boyfriend.
with my previous team i used to travel abroad with them to go to cheercamps, since there was no form of education. now we have a national federation who invites a coach from Germany once a year to have a coaches conference. before i knew most coaches just coached by teaching the things they saw in YouTube video's.
random facts:- all 4 teams in Belgium are in flemish part of the country and all within more or less half an hour by car.
-my seniors get coached in english since we have several members speaking different languages other than flemish which is the main language in this region. I also feel it's easier to coach in english since all i learned about cheerleading was in english.
-before i started my previous team i used to go to Germany to attend camps to learn the cheerleading basics, i also visited several gyms in the usa to see how it works.

Last edited:
-Country
Germany

-Name of gym
Cheer Label Langenfeld (CLL)

-Approx # of athletes

no spring floor, 6 hard floor panels

feels like 100

-Gyms in Country
not sure

yearly fee 130 € kids, 160 € adults
~200 € Uniform (for several years)
50 € comp fees + traveling

-Do you have tumbling classes? How much?
kind of, teamtumbling during normal practices and additional tumbling practice once a week for just 25 athletes at a gymnastics gym. so it rotates through the gym

-Country
Australia

-Name of gym
Buritz Cheer (run out of Buritz Gymnastics Academy)

-Approx # of athletes
25: one senior level 2/3 team (21) and a separate senior level 2 group stunt (4)

One, a six panel gymnastic sized floor

Two, us and another gymnastics academy running a cheer program.
There are cheerleading gyms about 1.5/2 hours both north and south of my location i.e. ECA, Starlets, Gymstars, E.O.D

-Gyms in Country
A lot. No idea of actual gym count buuut it's up there.

Currently $45o per 'term' (based off aus quarterly school terms) so approximately $150-$200 a month
Comp fees vary year to year, but for the 4 comps we do this year, $190

There is a 'tumble class' that runs within the gym but it occurs at the same time as our cheer practice. The cheer division of our gym does not currently hold our own specific tumbling classes so we just practice in training time.

-Anything else you wish to share
It's really hard to keep our team running every year. We have tried to open our own cheerleading specific location however there is just no where in the area for us to expand. This means that many people do not know that all star cheer exists, as our gymnastics centre management doesn't specifically promote us. Next year it is pretty much known to us that we will not be able to field a team, as many of our seniors are graduating and our coach is possibly moving interstate. To be totally honest, my gym is not very well run and I think this demise is a product of many years of mismanagement.

-Name of gym: Galway City Cougars

-Approx # of athletes: 150

1 x 9 panel spring floor, 1 x 7 panel spring floor, Tumble Track, 2 Air Tracks, 2 full size trampolines.

One other club, called Ace High, within 30 minutes

-Gyms in Country:
Around 20 clubs - about 5 have gyms

12 week term fee between 100 and 150 euro, comp fees of about 40 twice a year at Irish competitions, 21st Century Cheer and IASN and then travel to a UK/European comp for about 200 euro.
Uniforms between 80 and 180 euro

Yes, included in tuition

-Anything else you wish to share. I am learning a lot about international cheer.
Cheer in Ireland is in a big growth period, from around 4 clubs 5 years ago to approx 20 now, and clubs are focusing on safe, clean progressions and learning lots from international friends.

The governing body is the Irish Cheer Sport Association and the standard of teams up to level 4 is very competitive.

-Name of gym: Raiffeisen Vikings Vienna
-Approx # of athletes: 5 Teams - around 120 athletes
-Gym setup (how many floors, if spring, how many panels per floor):
We practice in a school gym, which you can saparate into three halls. We have 2 dead floors
-About how many gyms in your area (within an hour drive): about 10
-Gyms in Country: Many many gyms with only one team, maybe 30 gyms
-Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees): Club membership costs 380 € per year. Costs for competitions are paid by the members. Last year we went to 3 international competitions (around 500 €). National competitions are paid by the gym.
-Do you have tumbling classes? How much?: Yes. Once a week by our own tumbling coach :)

-Name of gym: Galway City Cougars

-Approx # of athletes: 150

1 x 9 panel spring floor, 1 x 7 panel spring floor, Tumble Track, 2 Air Tracks, 2 full size trampolines.

One other club, called Ace High, within 30 minutes

-Gyms in Country:
Around 20 clubs - about 5 have gyms

12 week term fee between 100 and 150 euro, comp fees of about 40 twice a year at Irish competitions, 21st Century Cheer and IASN and then travel to a UK/European comp for about 200 euro.
Uniforms between 80 and 180 euro

Yes, included in tuition

Cheer in Ireland is in a big growth period, from around 4 clubs 5 years ago to approx 20 now, and clubs are focusing on safe, clean progressions and learning lots from international friends.

The governing body is the Irish Cheer Sport Association and the standard of teams up to level 4 is very competitive.
I'd wanted to see cheer when I was abroad in Ireland for the semester, but there wasn't much (that was about 4 1/2 years ago!). Glad to see it's growing there.

-Country
UK

-Name of gym
Rising Stars

-Approx # of athletes
Around 300?

We have 10 dead mats and a full size sprung floor along with use of a large school sports hall. All equipment therefore has to be put out when we want to use it. Sprung floor is put out over a weekend and dead floor mats are used on week days.

At least 4 others in the 'Manchester' area, many more just on the hour limit in Liverpool, St Helens, Leeds etc.

-Gyms in Country
Very hard to tell how many teams we have as some only do particular competitions etc. At least 100+

Depends on hours you train. Payment can be made on 10week terms (in line with school terms) or monthly standing order. We have 3 instalments of ~£40 for all the competitions for that season (minus worlds).

Yes, £3.50 or £11 per month for 1 class

Love this thread!
-Country
sweden

-Name of gym
Twisters Cheer Elite

-Approx # of athletes
About 350 which is quite big in sweden.

-Gym setup
We have 3 full floors, 2 extra mats, 2 trampolines, 1 airtrack, 2 tumbling floors, 3 pits and other equipment. No spring floor, we don't compete on it here.

Not sure, about 8 i think.

-Gyms in Country
Around 50.

-Cost to train/compete
About 500 euros/season (august-june)(comp fees, insurance and uniform rental included) for comp teams. Prep/rec teams are a lot less.

-Do you have tumbling classes?
We have tumbling training included in the regular practises 2-3 times/week, but we also have level-oriented tumbling classes and open gyms. No extra charge.

-Anything else you wish to share.
Cheer in sweden is growing rapidly and we just started with the level-system. We usually only have 2 comps a year (regionals and nationals) so more and more gyms are competing internationally as well.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

-Name of gym: All Star Cheerleaders
-Approx # of athletes: 11 locations (I think) comprising over 1000 athletes across all locations nationwide
-Gym setup (how many floors, if spring, how many panels per floor):
Between 1 and 2 spring floors ranging in size from 5 to 9 panels at each location. Most would be on 7 or 9 panel floors now. A number of locations have rod and/or air floors as well as tumble tracks. All locations have the usual array of crash mats panel mats wedges etc.
-About how many gyms in your area (within an hour drive): My gym is the only one in our city and to my knowledge the whole of the South Island. The rest of the gyms are based in the North Island. Auckland is the most heavily populated city in terms of gym numbers (maybe 7 gyms call Auckland home, 5 of those being our locations).
-Gyms in Country: I tried to do a tally up, to my knowledge there are 13 competitive programmes in New Zealand
-Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees): dependent on level of team and training hours.
-Do you have tumbling classes? How much?: Tumbling classes tend to be mandatory and included in tuition, number of tumbling classes per week included in tuition is dependent on level and how competitive the team is. Most gyms offer additional tumbling classes and of course you can arrange tumbling privates or attend open gyms as well.

Country
Sweden

Name of gym
Sigtuna Legends

Approx # of athletes
Around 120

Gym setup
1 dead mat (we compete on dead mat), 1 extra panel, some smaller mats.

About how many gyms in your area (within an hour drive)
10 including us

Gyms in Country

Cost to train/compete
Competing teams pay around 250 euro yearly (including comp fees, insurance, rent of uniform and a complementary bow)
Non-competing teams pay max 175 euro yearly (including insurance and a bow)

Do you have tumbling classes?
No

Anything else you wish to share
Here's a map of all Swedish gyms for those interested.
This Youtube channel has a bunch of videos of Swedish competitions.

I've totally missed this thread!

- Country
Sweden

- Name of gym
Power Cheer & Dance

-Approx # of athletes
160-200

- Gym setup
One full dead floor (6 panels) and some other equipment, like crash mats and small trampolines.

- About how many gyms in your area (within an hour drive)

- Gyms in Country
50+

- Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees)
My kids pay around $300 yearly for just the training. Then they also have to pay for uniform, bows, practice wear, camps, comps and so on. The level 6 team I was on competes at Worlds every year and it's probably $1500+. We also went to Europeans which was $500+.

- Do you have tumbling classes? How much?
No, but we're thinking about it!

just re-read through this thread and i know it isn't part of @King 's survey, but would anyone add what the typical "season" is in their countries? like Dec- April or July - Dec, etc.? :)

Back