All-Star Is California Allstars Going To Georgia?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just said it was about 45 minutes away. I just still think it would be nicer to have a gym that's even closer. Personally, if I did make a team there I wouldn't like commuting 45 minutes daily. I find that to be harsh on gas and many more reasons as to why I wouldn't like it. But, that's just me. I know a lot of people are willing to do it.
45 minutes is my daily drive in AWFUL California traffic. It's worth it. There are gyms 10 minutes away, with no traffic, but I drive my daughter to where she has progressed and where she does what she loves. I feel for those that drive that far because they don't have a choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes away is no traffic time for me. With traffic 120 minutes. Atlanta traffic SUCKS if you leave at the wrong time.

Atlanta traffic makes me cry. We used to have to drive through it to get home to FL. One trip we made, we decided to make our reservations in Morrow, GA instead of Marietta, GA. Because of the traffic, it took us an extra 2 hours to get to Morrow. I wanted to cry by the end of it.

Atlanta traffic makes me cry. We used to have to drive through it to get home to FL. One trip we made, we decided to make our reservations in Morrow, GA instead of Marietta, GA. Because of the traffic, it took us an extra 2 hours to get to Morrow. I wanted to cry by the end of it.

Right? Atlanta is a really weirdly laid out city. We have a terribly confusing infrastructure and all roads are named Peachtree.

And we all hope one day for the great northern arc. Sigh....

Right? Atlanta is a really weirdly laid out city. We have a terribly confusing infrastructure and all roads are named Peachtree.

LMAO! Peachtree is everywhere! I loved vacationing in Atlanta when I was younger and always looked forward to bringing my own kids, but OMG no...not if I have to drive!

30 minutes is still better than almost an hour. A drive to Raleigh for me is an hour if I get caught into bad traffic. I'd do that any day over 45 minutes

i spend about an hour in the car, too. it takes me an hour going there and another hour going back. and i go 4 times a week. but it's so worth it, because i've made some of the best memories and met some of the best people, and i wouldn't trade that for the world. oh, but i definitely do thank my mom a million times for driving me back and forth late at night

I get what ya'll saying :) If gas wasn't such an issue for me, I wouldn't mind the driving. But because it is, I just wouldn't like making that big of a commute. (its big to me because once again, I don't have much gas money)

I am not sure exactly where southern cheer is (sadly, because Brett Dillin is super nice.. I just never managed to get Droplet in there!) but..

Just sayin, right outside of Gainesville is unincorporated Rabbittown. They would be better off setting up shop there... The Christmas lights are awesome and I think Rabbittown will look better on the back of a uniform than Gainesville.

I will be in Gainesville for a week starting sunday. Droplet and I are so driving over to see if there are any Cali sitings to be had! ;)

I don't know if this has been posted or not.

This surfaced over a month ago, and I talked to Tannaz who said they are not expanding to Georgia - additionally, I talked to the owner of Southern Cheer & he confirmed that it was not in the works. Interestingly, I believe All Star Cheer Sites (a web service) handles the websites for both programs CALI & Southern Cheer - and I think that is where the issue was occurring - someones site was re-routed to the wrong URL.

Why, I do not know that'd be a question for the company who runs the websites - he's very active on ASGA posting.

lol but that's only two gyms and CEA is quite far from where I live ( 45 minutes/hour) Even further at the Kernseville (I know I spelled that wrong sorry) location.

I'd like to see a more popular gym closer to the Chapel Hill/Hillsborough, NC area. The only gym we have in that area is Cheer Carolina ALl stars, I don't even know about standings. I do know they just founded a level five team that won't be going to worlds. I heard mixed reviews about them. It would be nice to see a closer gym like CA and maybe even a new CEA in that area.
There is a gym in Durham/Morrisville that has for the second year a Level 5 worlds team (they had two last year, both went to worlds). Plus they have had J5 teams also. Tri-Athletics.

I'm never hoping for the northern arc because it will probably be in my back yard. I have decided there is nothing that can help Atlanta traffic except to widen every road to 16 lanes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get to my gym for the brief year I cheered required either a subway, to a train, to a car for a grand total of 2 hrs or so OR taking a subway 2 hours from Brooklyn to the Bronx and then a 20 minute car ride.

One only cost me 12.50 a week (including giving $10 of gas money to the person driving me). The other was like $30 a week roundtrip. And that didn't include the times I got all the way to the gym and had to turn back around because people cancelled last minute (it was an open team).

Back