All-Star Is Fearless Allstars Closed??!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

this is terrible. I can only imagine what the little girls are thinking right now. such a shallow thing to not let anyone know!
yeah, I'd definitely be on my way to gym B by now.

Parents, do your research. I wouldn't have been there in the first place.

While I agree with the research answer - especially in the light of me being in the field so therefore aware of shenanigans that can go on behind the scenes, I am wondering how a brand new to cheer parent would apply it? To my knowledge there is not an unbiased what your should know before you sign your child up for cheer document that is at the top of Google search, FierceBoard, other message boards, etc. I mean a parent whose child never cheered, the parent never cheered and have no clue as to where to even start to look. Many times what we loudly claim as research in reality is just our preference for our favorite gym(s) based on competitive style/flair, competition results, and friendships.

For example if I look at the what is passed on as research now for when my daughter first started cheer there would of only been 2 gyms to go to out of 75 in the state. One 90 minutes away and another 3 hours away. And even they did not have 100 percent favorable ratings but they are definitely the most popular and therefore the most advocated for gyms in the state. She would of never cheered. I would not be coaching. There is no way I would of put her in that situation with school. I would not of put myself or my wife on the road after work, juggling schedules just to get her to one of those two gyms so she could see if she liked cheer and to learn a handstand, cartwheel, back walkover and BHS. It didn't matter if she went to Worlds, CheerSport, NCA, Jamfest Indy. I was just trying to get her exposed to the sport she said she wanted to try, have some fun and fit it in the family budget. As she remained in the sport those things became more important, whereas I think the research answer becomes even more relevant and enforceable.

In short we need to continue to find better ways to educate rather than berate.

Alright computer tech people- HOW do we educate people on finding a good cheer gym. Obviously getting a page about it up and running is essential (our new summer project, besides the wiki? lol)..Where do we have it listed, what do we put on there that's not a legality issue, etc? I'm guessing they came here first because they probably googled something that brought us up.

^^^ It would have to be unbiased. The second a gym is named it would be biased. Stay away from legal issues that could be problematic. The writers would have to define "good" so to speak without naming gyms. Write strictly on issues to look for and address before committing to the program, and how to follow up if new concerns arise.

I have tried calling but have not got a returned phone call. I wake up this morning and find this email which really answers nothing.

"Fearless AllStars had been successfully growing since our doors
opened in 2008. I am truly grateful for all our families and athletes
and would like to take a minute to clarify issues with our facilities
and news about the move. We began experiencing some obstacles with
negotiating some architectural requests we made and assistance with
required updates at the Oakmont Avenue facility. An opportunity
presented itself to move to Parklawn Center in Rockville. You
received notification that the gym was closed for the anticipated
move. In the last several days, our current facility owner has made
significant strides in an effort to have Fearless AllStars remain at
the Oakmont address which is pending permitting approval. After
considering all options and doing what is ultimately in the best
interests of the our membership, we plan to remain in our original
home, conveniently located near I270 and the new ICC as well as close to
Rockville. I would like to personally apologize for any confusion and
the disruption of services to our families and athletes.

I know many of you might be hearing different things about the status
of Fearless AllStars. I am writing you now to keep you informed of
current events. Please disregard the unfortunate website banter that
appears to be trying to undermine and distort the truth, as well as the real
efforts that we strive for which is to have the best program in the
area. We are diligently working to make all our parents and athletes
proud of what we have achieved and will achieve in the future.

Fearless AllStars looks forward to beginning 2012-13 season practices
on July 1st. Thank you for your patience, trust,
understanding and dedicated business. As always I am available to
speak with each of you to answer any questions you may have.
-
Fearless AllStars

One Fierce Family
"

It does not answer why we are not going to the new space?
How long has he known about these current problems in our gym?
Why we were not immediately informed about the situation?
Why was the gym closed immediately 2 hrs before practice if the new space was not ready? Why was it not planned?
When were we going to be told about any of this?

Since I feel we have been left in the dark or have received partial stories I am going to call the owner of our current location myself and find out about the progress. I will let you know what I find out. Hopefully I hear July 1st as well. If not I am out of this Gym.

Alright computer tech people- HOW do we educate people on finding a good cheer gym. Obviously getting a page about it up and running is essential (our new summer project, besides the wiki? lol)..Where do we have it listed, what do we put on there that's not a legality issue, etc? I'm guessing they came here first because they probably googled something that brought us up.

Like a yelp for cheer gyms?

Back