Is It Normal To Stalk Your Competition Online Before You Compete? Lol!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Haha I wouldn't say stalk but before competitions I'm not gonna lie I look up people we compete against on YouTube and if there is no videos then I go to their website and see what competitions they have went to and what they placed and see who they beat or lost to. That is about it.. It's kinda fun. I'm just a mom but I just do it because I'm curious. I post videos of our gym on YouTube sometimes so I know others watch them and I'm ok with that. We try to come back better and stronger after each competition so chances are what you see from us is halfway changed!

New
LOL LOL Great I am not alone. LOL! I tend to now use, CHEERZOO.COM over youtube. It makes it easier to stalk. lol! cuz I can find the most recent vid's easier, based on: levels, competitions, and years.
then I will check youtube. then I check the websites.
I HAVE ISSUES! :):):)

I mean, it's nice to know what the other team is doing in their routine but I prefer seeing another team's routine at the competition that we'll be competing at. I feel like I can appreciate another team's routine more when I see it at a competition rather than just online.

i look online just to see what teams im agenst, then if there are teams ive never seen/heard of, then i would look them up on youtube and see what they can do. but this year ive been agenst this one team all season and we always came 2nd to them and ive never seen what the rutine is, so i looked at that to see what the juges like better.

haha, you're not alone! normally with local comps I know who the teams are, so there's no use to stalk, but for bigger ones, I tend to do a lot of stalking! loll. :p

I am a first year cheer mom and I have done it for the past couple of months. It helps me to learn about the other teams. Glad to know I am not alone:)

I do all the time. I am a cheer mom so I always look up other teams videos, placements etc..... my husband thinks I'm crazy LOL;)

I do it all the time. It helps to be prepared. See what other skills teams in our division are doing-but it can backfire-get us all worked up, over something we can't change. The team is there for the same reason we are-to win. And videos online often just show the best routine, just a snapshot. You never know what will happen on any given day.

Back