All-Star Is It Ok To Mark An Entire Routine In Competition?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 1, 2010
Ok, so I realize all competitions aren't equal. I realize just before a major competition (like Jamfest Nationals) you may not want to risk injury to athletes etc. I realize at some smaller competitions you may be the ONLY level five team in your division, heck the only level 5 team in the competition.

However, is it ever ok for an entire team to mark 50-90 percent of an entire routine in a competition? I saw that today, it was utterly unbelievable. Everyone just sat there in shock wondering was something wrong. Like why are some of them missing shoes. Some of them in mix-match uniforms. Was there some serious issue that preventing them from performing? IJS

Ok, so I realize all competitions aren't equal. I realize just before a major competition (like Jamfest Nationals) you may not want to risk injury to athletes etc. I realize at some smaller competitions you may be the ONLY level five team in your division, heck the only level 5 team in the competition.

However, is it ever ok for an entire team to mark 50-90 percent of an entire routine in a competition? I saw that today, it was utterly unbelievable. Everyone just sat there in shock wondering was something wrong. Like why are some of them missing shoes. Some of them in mix-match uniforms. Was there some serious issue that preventing them from performing? IJS

Sounds like a waste of money... It does make me wonder if there was something else going on that caused this- injuries, illnesses, combining teams (maybe part of the uniform issue too).

Idk about "marking" 90% of a routine, but "watering" down certain skills I see often.

Correction, all 3 of their level 5 teams marked their routines. The first one we thought was well, ok, maybe there's an issue. When the other 2 marked we figured they just didn't care. I could be wrong, looks could be deceiving. But the look we had there today was awful.

Idk about "marking" 90% of a routine, but "watering" down certain skills I see often.
I would have appreciated the watering down. But it looked like we were watching a practice run through.

I would have appreciated the watering down. But it looked like we were watching a practice run through.
I can't say I've seen it before but like previously stated, without knowing their circumstances it's difficult to say. I would think it would be cheaper to pull out of an event than to just mark a routine.

This is really strange but I'm sure there are extenuating circumstances. I can't imagine a program would just throw away performances like that...there must be a reason.

not in defense of their marking every L5 routine, but i do know one lil girl on J5 who did proudly throw her whip dbl today! Guess she didn't get the message they were 'Marking it!' LOL:cheering:
Is that when the house went up in applause? :)

Back