All-Star Is Stepping Really Standing Tumbleing?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you take a step, it's no longer standing tumbling. Go talk to my 9 year old Level 10 gymnasts, they do standing fulls with out a step-on balance beam.

But in cheerleading you only have running tumbling and standing tumbling. So step or not, if you're not running forward, it's still standing tumbling:)

Gymnasts always throw off the jump & tumbling sequence w/ those weird double arm swings (w/ out a step)..drives me crazy!

I've been coaching Level 9-elite gymnasts for 17 years and cheerleading for 15 years. Trust me, I know what I'm doing. My gymnasts and cheerleaders have textbook form. No one takes steps. Gymnasts don't connect jumps to tumbling, because the COP doesn't reward them for doing so. They are rewarded for gymn-acro connection (which is connecting a leap to an acrobatic skill), so you will often see that on floor and beam.

I would bet that if I came to your gymnastics class and asked your gymnasts to do a simple toe back (just for the heck of it), they wouldn't be able to do it w/ out a pause. Just sayin. Gymnastics & cheer shouldn't really be compared. If cheerleaders were required to do standing tumbling on a beam I'm sure they wouldn't be taking steps either. If a gymnast & a cheerleader switched places for a day, both of them would prob suck at the other sport.

Back